Add second fuel guage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
I want to add a second fuel guage to verify whats in the tank. I have a 2017 Suzuki 300 with the C10 display. I would like to add another for piece of mind. How would I go about wiring this?

Thanks

I know this is not an answer to your direct question but I would just put in a high quality sending unit. You have to creat an extra access to the tank to add another sending unit. If you just want to add the dash gauge itself, then just double up on the connections on the sending unit with the wires/connectors for the new gauge.

Seems a little pointless to add a second gauge without adding a second sending unit if you're trying to verify what the first gauge is telling you. And unless your tank is already tapped for another sending unit then you're probably SOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I monitor fuel - added and used in a notebook.

The first owner added a fuel.sender that has a dial guage on top of sender and connects to dash guage, too. I added a clear pie plate to see it. I dont know the details but from Moeller

I expect WEMA can make a custom sender made for 2 guage or maybe the existing can handle 2 or add an another sender as suggested. Something to research.

I don't see the need but it is your boat. Good luck.

B2

Or, if you really want to know how much fuel you have you could add a quality fuel management system. Not too expensive if your current electronics support it.

I have fuel management on my boat....I only use the MPG feature on it.....searching for the Sweet Spot.

Originally the boat had 1 gage and a switch to read Port tank or STB tank.

I have 2 analog gauges now.....I can look at a glance and see where were at....I can then switch the manual lever to suck out of the fuller tank to help keep the boat balanced.

It works VERY well when refueling also.

Thank you guys and I should have been a little clearer....there is nothing wrong with the sender, I would just like to add a conventional guage to my current sender. The Suzuki C10 shows a percentage of remaining fuel which I believe is accurate but being old school I like the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full readings in front of me. So with that can I just add this to my current sender?

So with that can I just add this to my current sender?

I've never done that.....and so not know if you can? But with gauge in hand and some wire you could do a little quick testing there is the yard to see if it will work.

It can be done with a bat switch , spring loaded 2nd position and 6 connection wire lugs. 2 wires from sender to 2 lugs that are for normally on and going thru switch to the full time gauge . 2 wires from the spring loaded lugs to the added gauge. When switch is in normal position the sender records on the first gauge . When you push and hold the spring loaded switch it will disconnect the first gage and energize the added gauge . I think the switch would be referred to as a 6 pole - off/spring loaded momentary on. Can't really remember but I have this set up on my boat .

Back