Adding rear bulkhead and door

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun329

Reaction score
I'm buying a 2001 2520 Pilothouse that does not have a rear bulkhead and door to the pilothouse. It has an isinglass and canvas cover. Has anyone out there tackled adding a bulkhead and door? An suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I too have the open back and believe it or not, it's actually highly desirable. I personally did not want the open back when I was looking last year. I have no regrets. Because I got a good deal on it I thought maybe I would just add it later, like you are thinking. If I were you I would keep it like it is for atleast your first season and see if it will work for you. There are several features of the open back that make fishing easier (at least for me). Honestly, after having it for one year there is no way I will add it now. I actually prefer it now and am glad I have it.

There is at least one thread on here where an individual open up his back but I don't recall seeing any where someone added it.

Also, My biggest worry when I bought it was winter fishing in late dec, jan but my worries were not valid. I thought I would lose some heat but I certainly didn't and taking the canvas off during the summer allows a great flow of air.

Hope this helps and I know others will chime in. I certainly would not let that keep you from buying it.
Kevin

Latest posts

Back