Advice on cooler tie downs for deck of 2001 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davec004

Reaction score
I'm looking to install some cooler tie downs on the deck of my 2001 1801, but I'm a little nervous. I don't like the general idea of drilling into the deck and I want to stay as far away from the gas tank as possible. The pic below shows where I am thinking about installing them (i.e., where the cooler is) and the other pic shows the gas tank connections. It looks like it would be pretty far away from the tank, but there is structure underneath blocking me from confirming. It's maybe 4-5" forward from the gas lines. Maybe it's related to the overall gas tank placement? I'm not sure and can't find any specs online.

Does anyone have any advice or experience to share with this? I'm open to other ideas, but I haven't had any luck with other methods for securing the cooler from the bottom (from the top or sides doesn't do the trick). Thanks.

Attachments

• deck-cooler.jpg
    deck-cooler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • gas-tank.jpeg
    gas-tank.jpeg
    989.7 KB · Views: 0
You’ll be well clear of the tank in that location.

I suggest checking out Kennedy tie down systems. They have some great low profile strap mounts that would work great for your application. Here’s a picture of some that I used to secure a livewell:
2EE553A3-4341-4F2D-8D08-6CF25CCFF433.jpeg

Back