Alarm Installation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I have started to install my alarm system on the boat and it is quite a nice project even though it is a time consumer. I will be doing this over a period of time so I will post as I go.

So far I have the control box installed and have the blinking light on the dashboard and a few wires run. I am not sure it is going to be a very exciting thread but it may help someone else to do the job at a later time.
I chose a Columbia Alarm System for a couple of reasons. It is affordable and I was able to read the installation instructions online so I knew what I was getting myself into. It comes from MT and I am not sure but I think the person I purchased it from is the manufacturer. They were great to deal with as far as communcation and a timely delivery. The cost was originally $295. but I ordered an extra door alarm and a pressure mat for under the carpet in the cabin so I spent around $400. It also has canvas snap alarms which I wanted because I leave some electronics on the second station and don't want to lose them. The wire you see in the corner of the deck coming from the Pressure Mat will eventually dissapear using a conduit I have found that is almost the same color.
Here are some pictures of the unit and what install pics I have so far.

Attachments

• Alarm Installation 007.JPG
    Alarm Installation 007.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Alarm Installation 004.JPG
    Alarm Installation 004.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Alarm Installation 006.JPG
    Alarm Installation 006.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 262
Back