Am I the only Etec 300 on a 2520XL 16 degree deadrise?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludicrous40

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has the same configuration. Would like to compare performance. Is my offseason, but I always feel like I could get more mpg. I never see anything approaching 2mpg, typically 1 to 1.5, but I run fairly heavy.

Again just curious if anyone else is similar, as comparisons to other manufacturers outboards is irrelevant.

Thanks

Kind of apples and oranges here but, I’m running twin 2004 150hp Evinrude direct injects (predecessor to the E-Tec) and averaging 2 to 2.2mpg at 28mph. I have a 95 2530 that’s 14 degrees. I would think you would be closer to 3mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the motor height is appropriate. Top of cavitation plate is in view just at top edge of water on plane, although I suppose I could go up another hole as it is easy to do. What would be the symptoms of going too high? This boat never porpoises.

Ken at PropGods believes the big 3 blade is the right prop, but I'm going to try another prop in the spring as I have a 4 blade 15 pitch Rebel sitting brand new in a box. I acquired it new with the motor, but at the time I felt like the Mirage Plus 3 blade 3x15.8x15 (from the Yamaha) performed better. The Rebel spun faster....potentially too fast, but at the time I had zero experience with the motor.

Ludicrous,
Just an FYI. I am selling a 1 year old 3 blade 15.5 x 17 Evinrude Rebel that I have been waiting for warmer weather to list for sale...
PM me if interested.

Back