Anchor Rattling

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucktail

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This is a question that I have been meaning to ask for some time, but it always seems to slip my mind.

I have a 21se, and have a Danforth anchor hanging in its holder in the anchor locker. The problem is that it bangs around so much that it is starting to drive me craZY.

Have any of you guys had a similiar problem, and is there a good remedy?

I am looking forward to hearing some of the responses.

Thanks

This will sound simple, but I just make sure that the anchor line and chain are coiled up in such a way that the anchor can't move.

-- Tom

Mine was doing the same thing on my 23SE. My problem was chain on chain slapping and the noise was annoying me. So I took a bicycle tube, cut it and fed the chain rode through it. I used zip ties to hold it in place and it's no longer an issue. It's a cheap fix and it holds up for a few seasons.

The anchor stays put and doesn't make any sound in my 21SE, probably because I have enough rode attached that the stock is pushed against the rode and the chock and the anchor can't bounce around.

Oscar":1funo83z said:
The anchor stays put and doesn't make any sound in my 21SE, probably because I have enough rode attached that the stock is pushed against the rode and the chock and the anchor can't bounce around.
Same for me.

Latest posts

Back