ANCHOR RODE FOR THE CONTINENTAL SHELF?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWOBOATER

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an anchor rode length needed to fish at the continental shelf South of Martha's Vineyard? a friend of mine is outfitting his boat to fish out there. I'm trying to figure out what length you need vs. what will fit in the rope locker. the boat is a Regulator 26. I know the 7-8 times the depth length but that seems un-doable.
Thanks.

5 to 1 scope is what you should shoot for but 4 to 1 may be enough as well. As mentioned, 7 to 1 is more what people shoot for if you are anchoring for the night or more permantly so to speak. If it drags a little while fishing offshore then not as big a deal.

Not exactly sure how deep you are fishing but this is what i would do. Forget the anchor locker most likely it is not going to hold enough anyway.

Get two of those orange baskets you see in the fishing supply stores. Each will nicely hold 600 feet of 3/8 anchor line plus chain. Get 1 ball and ring. You now have 1200 feet and are all set.

The added plus is you are now all set to double anchor on wrecks too! I don't fish offshore in my boat but this is the set up I have for bottom fishing.

Latest posts

Back