Anchor support help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadGar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern Maryland, Chesapeake/Potomac River
Ok, this may sound strange but, how are you keeping your anchor locked in place. I don't currently have a windlass but do have a new anchor I just put on the boat. I have a bow pulpit. I just want to know if there is something made to secure the anchor to the pulpit or do I just wrap the anchor chain around the pulpit cleats. Thanks in advance for suggestions and help.
Kevin

Thx Shawnee, I ran across that one too. It looks like it would do it. I know most have a windlass but I'm not quite ready to invest in one as I typically don't anchor up. My anchor is just for emergencies if I ev r need to. When you used this before did you have a windlass, if not did you feel this would secure your anchor?
Thx

I anchor a lot but putting a windless on mine is quite a few items down the list of priorities for me, but only because I don't have endless funds available. :D I used the bottom one in the pic "standard". No, the boat I had the stopper on previously didn't have a windless either. It's more about being able to pull the anchor into a firm holding position in the roller while stowed. Although, if I was just hanging out in shallow calm water at the beach I would use it to hold even while anchored as I had about 40' of chain on that boat. I would still want to put a snubber on the chain after the chain stopper just for back up. The combo would be a good set up vs what I do now by cleating off the chain. Putting a snubber on the cleat will still leave that cleat available for use with dock lines. On my 2120, I just tie off on the cleat with the anchor chain. Is hard to get the anchored pulled in tight though and that is why I've thought about using one of these. You through bolt these right behind the roller. I think Megabyte has one of these chain stoppers on his rig. Maybe he will add to the discussion.

The low-cost approach is to splice about 3' of 1/2" 3-strand nylon to a snap hook or SS Carbiener. Clip it to the shackle on your anchor and cleat the bitter end. You can't possibly have ten bucks in the whole thing.
It's fun to splice line and looks real shippy too!

Hmm. Not having much luck w/ photos.
The Parker is tucked away on the barn for the winter but I snapped a photo of the anchor on my trawler. The bitter end of the nylon is just tied off to a cleat.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 214
The boat is a 36' Krogen.
We carry plenty of ground tackle. There is a #35 Delta with all-chain rode. Next to that is a #44 Bruce (my "mudder") with 50' of chain and 150' of nylon. Living below decks are a Fortress and a Danforth with gobs of nylon rode.
I really want a Rocna but my wife put her foot down!

Yeah it is.
We've owned the boat for 15 years now and lived aboard and cruised full time for ten. Now we spend six months in Fl/Bahamas and six months at our house in Maine. That's where the Parker lives.
Working was WAY overrated!!

Back