Anchor winch recommendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freespool

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2530 Parker. The stock windlass (Horizon 500) has seen its last days. I am trying to decide which unit to replace it with. I fish Catalina quite a bit and use the winch quite a bit. I have a 22# Bruce anchor and 40' of chain.

I am considering this unit. I would really appreciate any input you may have. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• lm7015-08_L.jpg
    lm7015-08_L.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 269
Yep.....LEWMAR PROFISH 700 FREE FALL WINDLASS w/ Remote control

product-8836-0-0.jpg

Sooo I have a 700 should I convert to free fall or remove and install a free fall? My windlass is 3yrs old this yr (2014) I could sell mine and use what ever I get to purchase new :?:

This was the least intrusive approach on a 2120...by just substituting the anchor locker hatch.
IMG_0178-.jpg

And allows for easy access to the line locker should the need arise.
IMAGE_234.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh? Where is your chain?.......I bet you don't use that much or are having trouble anchoring.

warthog5":38r50ms5 said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh? Where is your chain?.......I bet you don't use that much or are having trouble anchoring.

We always overnight on the hook...have spent over 1,000 nights at anchor in over 100 different places across the US. We gave up chain many years ago. It's heavy and comes up dirty, not to mention complications with the windlass. Weigh the chain you'd use and get an anchor that's that much heavier.
IMAG1429.jpg

Hehe....You'd never get anchored if you had to deal with current.....Doing what your doing is fine.

But we anchor on wrecks for fish. :)

Back