Anchor windlass

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynchmob

Reaction score
I'm ready to install an anchor windlass on my 2120. Thinking of Lewmar Profish 700 or one in the Lewmar Horizon series. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks.

I have a lewmar (i think it's a 700) on my new 2520. First windlass ever. It's a nice unit so far, but I only have limited use of it. I've dropped anchor about 5 times in water from 20 to 40 feet and it has worked perfectly. There is a 14 pound anchor attached to it with 15 feet of chain, 300 feet of rode.

I purchased the Pro 700 about 3 weeks ago,hopefully the rigger is going to install this weekend.I might even be able to use her next week as well.I also purchased 300' 1/2" and 15' 1/4"chain,14 Delta Fast Set,Plastimo SS anchor swivel.
I won't be using anchor much till fall now,but at least it will be installed and done :D

Have the Pro-700 on my 2120. Very happy with it. I fish at anchor quite a lot in up to about 100' and it is definatly worth the $$ not to be fooling around out on deck with achor rode.

Have the Pro-700 on my 2120. Very happy with it. I fish at anchor quite a lot in up to about 100' and it is definatly worth the $$ not to be fooling around out on deck with achor rode.

Lewmar ProFish 700 freefall. Installed on my boat over winter and I've used it about a dozen times already at various depths and it works flawlessly. A bit noisy on retrieve but understandable once it hits the 15 foot section of chain coming in. It sure spoils you after manually dropping and retrieving anchors for years. I highly recommend it....

I had a Lewmar profish installed on my 2120 DVSC right before splashdown this spring. Haven't used it a lot since it's fluke drifting time but on those few bass trips its worked like a charm. You may want to consider a Lewmar self launching anchor and swivel too since the standard anchor hangs up some times.

Brian:

You said that your windlass is noisy when you hit the chain. Mine was "very" noisy until I figured out that my 1/4 inch chain had the wrong spacing for the gypsy. Once I got the right 1/4 chain (correct spacing of the links) the windlass purrs nicely on the last 30 feet of chain. I guess "noisy can be a relative term. Just a thought.

jim

Back