Announcing! The 3rd Annual CP Chesapeake Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Annapolis and plan to attend the rendezvous on Sat. If any out-of-towners want a ride to the raft-up spot preceded by some fishing that morning from my 23 SE, please let me know. I may be able to provide some overnight accommodations at my home.

John Veil
(w) 202-488-2450
(h) 410-266-3903
[email protected]

A few administrative details...

Raft-up time is 1100 which should give folks traveling or fishing before hand time to make it to the creek. Feel free to come earlier if you'd like as several folks have indicated they might spend Friday night on the hook.

The primary raft-up location at this time is in Whitehall Creek adjacent to the 6kt mark. This is the wide area of the creek where Ridout Creek, Canal Creek, and Whitehall all intersect. The area should be free of the boat wakes that plagued us out in Whitehall Bay.

When entering Whitehall Bay from the Chesapeake at red ATON 2W, continue to the mouth of Whitehall creek where you will see a red, green, red... The entrance to the creek makes an 'S' so stay within the marks as it can get shallow at low tide. Our boats should be fine, but sailboats run aground there all the time.

2 more marks, a green and a red, and you will be there.

The typical radio channels can be busy on weekends. Ch 68 is taken over by the Annapolis water taxis, and the channels in the 70's are dominated by Buffy and Chad droning on and on about how much wind they see, or who they rafted up with recently. The weekend sail-racers use those channels too. :roll:

I will have one radio on Ch 16 and another on Ch 11, so if you need directions or want to check in, give me a call. Let me know that you are approaching and I'll get some water shots of your boat as you get close.

If you'd like my cell number and don't already have it, drop me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Questions? :)

I will be on the CB on Saturday but if I am not mistaken it is a long ride from Turkey Point to Whitehall. Am I correct? This is only my second time on the bay and I usually just cruise the C&D and Sasafrass River.

Parkerman":e2wuj8i4 said:
I will be on the CB on Saturday but if I am not mistaken it is a long ride from Turkey Point to Whitehall. Am I correct? This is only my second time on the bay and I usually just cruise the C&D and Sasafrass River.

I would estimate 25 nm, but that is just an estimate.

If you are trailering, Sandy Point State Park would be the logical launching point. 22 of the nicest ramps in the state and only 3 to 5 nm from Whitehall.
If you wanted to launch from the eastern shore, Matapeake State Park on Kent Island is directly across the Bay from Whitehall.

After narrowly missing it last year and picking up my Parker on the way home tonight after a one month diagnosis and repair my 10 year old son and I will be there after a morning of fishing nearby! Looking forward to it!

duckbutler":1k316ivf said:
After narrowly missing it last year and picking up my Parker on the way home tonight after a one month diagnosis and repair my 10 year old son and I will be there after a morning of fishing nearby! Looking forward to it!

Outstanding! Looking forward to having you both join us. :wink:

BTW - I bottom-fished the area about 100 to 150 yards west of the green can at Hacketts recently. We caught juvie rock, perch, spot, croaker, and blues there, all within a 2 hour period. We were using cocktail shrimp on circle hooks and drift-fishing directly on the shell bottom.

You could probably catch a better class of fish by jigging metal (Hopkins Shorty, Stingsilver, Bucktails, or Deadly Dicks), but we were just having fun trying to see how many species that reef was holding. 8)

Perfect weather forecast... just as we asked for! :D

Hope to see you all there tomorrow!
Dale is here with me now and we can't wait to see everyone. :wink:

Thank you again , It was great to meet everyone and all the wonderful Parkers. Forgive me for the short visit but I look forward to many more.

Brian Kent Island Parker

I have to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated this year! The get-together was AWESOME!

As soon as I get my photos downloaded, sorted, and uploaded to my webspace, I'll be posting a photo record of the activities!

Stand by!

Back