Anodes in Yamaha heads??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
While winterizing my F200's for the first time I found zinc anodes in the heads. Anyone every replace these? If so how often.

I havent't pulled them yet but I plan to atlest check. They apear to have an o-ring seal. Is this reuseable? Thanks.

Bry: Saw a thread comment on THT by Andy from Sim. I can't find the thread, but I am 99% sure he said those anodes need to be checked at 500 hrs. He think he said there are about 17 of those guys here and there.

jim

17!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Does that count the ones on the outside too?

Does anyone know where else there are internal anodes besides the 4 in the head? My engines are at about 550 hrs. so I better start lookingg for them.

The manual I have has a section on checking anodes and only refers to the 4 in the head, the one on the bottom of the bracket and the steering trim one. :?:

I'd be interested in seeing that thread.
Thanks Jim.

Bryan,

Adjacent to your spark plugs there are some bolts that are for the cover that seals up the head anodes. There are actually 2 bolts for each cover. The one that is on the center of the cover holds the anode to the cover, The bolt that is off center is the one that holds the cover on to the head. Remove that one to remove the cover. There are two on each cylinder head. I am pretty sure that the bolt head size is 10mm so you will need a socket for that.

Slide the cover off, then you will be able to see the anode. There is a rubber grommet that sits around the anode so make sure that comes out and does not get pushed into the cooling chamber. If the anode is in good shape, most likely the other internal anodes are as well.

I count 13 internal power head anodes on a F200-225.

Andy

Forgot to add.....the other anodes are in the exhaust manifold area's are not not easy to get at . You will need cover gaskets if you pull the exhasut covers off. Like i mentioned.....check the head anodes....if they are in good shape and are original, most likely so are the others.

Andy

Back