Another new 18' Parker Owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fogwarning

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I went out with Capt Walt, who owns Light Tackle Charters in the spring. He has two Parkers but oftentimes uses his 1801. It was blowing pretty good that day, indeed we only saw two other boats the entire day (it was a Friday... but still). That 1801 impressed me. Yes, we had a lot of spray on board but no green water, and I felt totally safe. So much so, that I decided to start looking for one of my own.

So all summer long, I searched for the right boat. I found her three weeks ago up in Jersey. She is a 1995, 1800 Parker. It has the optional 65 fuel tank, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke and 25" transom. She had very little use on her and with the markets tanking and boats not selling, it is a buyers market. I did not low ball the guy but offered a very fail price which made us both happy.

So I have a ton of projects lined up and lots of questions too. I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum and learning as well.

I am a native to the upper Chesapeake, crab more than fish, but now with a bigger boat, I will probably spend a little more time with a rod and less time with a dip net in hand.

All the best! Fog.

Back