Another nubie

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2002 2300 Deep Vee with bowsprit (Ocean Edition?), 225 HP Yamaha. It was a very dirty boat but only had 25 hours on it (confirmed by engine computer). I had not heard of Parker, however a buddy told me of a deal. After doing research, I realized what gems these boats really are. Mine had no electronics, but a very nice T-top (with overhead flourescent and front floodlight), Top Gun outriggers, Fresh water tank, Salt water wash-down, E-Z loader trailer, bumpers, lines etc.

The boat was filthy - but after about 1 1/2 days of cleaning she looks great. I took a buffer to the outside hull and she shines nicely. There were some engine issues apparantly due to water in the engine, but all is working fine now. We did the 3rd trip out yesterday and were very pleased.

We love the boat; I'm sure it's the last one I'll own and hope to get many years out of it.

Sounds like you found a good one, any pics ? welcome to the club !

Welcome aboard, that's a nice looking boat!

It's sad to hear of boats like this that are neglected but maybe something happened that was beyond the original owner's control. Anyway, good job on the cleanup.

Hyjack

I just noticed your bow stop location. You should lower the bow stop to contact just above the bow eye.
This will prevent the boat from bouncing while trailering and also give you a solid point to winch to.

Nice...... I noticed a few things that could use some adjustment on your trailer.

It will load easier with Forward Keel bunks. The winch is to high. You want that roller just above the Bow eye.

I might even spread the bunks on it now to trap the boat better, but it's had to tell from that pix.

Anytime you make her load and unload easier it makes your day more pleasurable. :)

Back