Ants in my engine!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonas grumby

Reaction score
After coaching a soccer game Saturday, I decided to pick up some of the puppy drum and speckled trout that are starting to show. When I removed my engine tarp, I noticed an estimated 3 trillion ants near the tale-tell hole and some of them transiting in and out of the hole itself. I decided to hook up my water hos to the flushing pipe and see if I had a potential clog. Threw water to it and had good flow, head to the ramp. Boat is in the water and light off the engine, no water! Pull the cowling and disconnect hose. I ran a pc. of 60# mono to no avail. Since my Suburban was still idling on the ramp, I decided to park it and aked my buddy to see if could resolve the issue. When I returned, he had sucked the ants and their eggs, about 1000, and spit them in the water! He said the mono was just packing them in so he pulled his Bear Grylls card aout and let rip! We left the ramp within 10 minutes, hit the honey-hole and blistered the fish!

Boy-howdy, my clock doesn't seem to have as many hours as it used too! My kids are athletes and I spend a butt-ton of time on the ball fields. It's all good, they'll be grown soon and then I can spend my spare-time at my 2nd and 3rd jobs to pay for college-school and weddin' dresses! :lol:

That's a new one! :shock:
Give your buddy a beer to get the taste of ants out of his mouth!

Latest posts

Back