Any 23 SE Owners ??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striper4

Reaction score
Any Parker 23 SE owners that could tell me what you all are getting for performance numbers ? I am really considering this boat when I sell or trade my current 21 Center Console and I certainly would like to hear the good and the bad (if any) regarding this hull and what power you are running. How is the performance with trim tabs and running in true 2-3 footers that are close together ? Does the hull cut right through with a solid ride ?

I have emailed Robin Parker at Parker Boats (Daughter of the Owner) and asked her a variety of questions and in particular, if they would rig one with a 250 if thats what I wanted. She did tell me that they could however, they would have to reinforce the transom. Another question I was very interested in finding out was if they could install forwad seating like the Deep V 23 they sell. She said they could not bc they dont have a cap configured like that for the 23 SE.

I am wondering what the cost would be to have a professional Glass Guy install lockeable forward seating hatches up front like the layout of there Deep V 23, if it could be done.

I would have the 250 Yamaha SHO installed on a jackplate that I think would perform real good on the 23 Se model. Does anyone have this set-up or similiar ?

R/
Joe

If you tab down a lot and slow down to around 20mph you could probably get a good ride in 2-3'. People will tell you that the 23SE will mow that down but if you're talking about a real 2-3' chop with a close period (chesapeake, LI sound, ACK sound style chop) you'll want to slow down some. It is a good riding boat though it's just a lot to ask of a 23 footer. The SE's are a little bow light so that contributes to their ride in a chop. Adding seating up there would probably help if that's the route you're going to go.

I think that new F200 is the perfect motor for that boat. I've seen them with F150's and they seem to do ok but I think power/weight of the F200 would be perfect. You'd get great efficiency too. In my 21SE with an F150 I can hit 44mph (ideal conditions) and cruise at 28 at 4000 rpm burning 4.3 mpg. I imagine the 200 would give the 23SE a similar top end and maybe lose .5mpg? Just a guess.

I would think that if you want to grind through 2-3'ers and have forward seating with an F250 just go for the 2300. I imagine them reinforcing the transom at the factory and adding the 250 specially will end up costing you as much as just buying a 2300.

Negative on the 2300 DV. Looking to be able to run/fish in skinnier water than I can now with my Dv but still run offshore on a good-day. I was hoping some owners with the 225 & 250 power plants would chime in and share there performance

I have a 23se with a 200 4-stroke. It performs well even with a load which has been to my surprise. I was concerned that with 5-7 people, coolers, beach chairs and all the other goodies for a day at the cape, it would be a pig...not the case. It obviously gives up some top end but she is strong out of the hole. With two people, gear and half a tank of fuel my 23 tops out at 43 - 44mph. That's providing conditions allow WOT...which is often not the case. Cruise is 26-28 mph at 3800 - 4000 rpms burning 7 gph.

My preference to the SE was based on draft for inshore fishing, stability at anchor and days at the sandbar with the family. There is a compromise when facing a 3-4 foot chop on 4 second intervals but lower the tabs, tweak the trim, pull back on the throttle and carry on. It has taken me some time with the boat to dial in and achieve the desired ride / performance in sporty conditions. In my opinion, the versatility of the SE is tough to beat...literally.

I have the 2002 23se with a f225. Top speed is 50 with 1/2 tank and 19p prop. It's not going to run fast in true 3 footers. I do it all the time. I love my boat for the type of fishing I do. I run the shallow bays and fish offshore on calm days. Great ride in less than 2' chop. The biggest negative is that it's very wet in a slight cross wind. It doesn't bother me too much because I learned to expect it and changed the way I drive in those conditions. I've owned 10 different boats.... Makos, sea hunts, contenders, pathfinder,whalers. And hands down this is the best boat for the type of fishing I do. My Yamaha died so I just ordered a Suzuki df250. It's being installed this week. It's about 40lbs lighter than my f225. I looked at a lot of options and decided it would be perfect for the boat. Not sure that Sho will work because you need a 25" shaft, thought the Sho was 20" only? The Se doesn't have a tunnel so a jack plate will do you no good. Unless you are buying it just to put a 20" shaft motor back there? Good luck with that. There is no perfect boat that does it all but the Parker Se has most of it covered.

I run the 225hp 3.3 liter on my 23se. Perfect power in my opinion. Previously had a 21se with a 150. I think the 200hp would be perfect on that boat.

Latest posts

Back