Any advice on Deep-V 21 center console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutnrun

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a deep-V 21 center console??
I had a 23SE in the past which was very stable fishing the rips in montauk but was a hard ride in a chop. I have the opportunity to purchase a 21 DV CC and wonder how much stability I will be sacrificing and whether the ride in a chop will be any better...
Any input would be appreciated.
BOB

hey bob , i use to have the same boat23se i fish the sandy hook rips wit it and drift for fluke in the ambrose very stable on the drift but i did sell it for a 2520dv so i could do more off shore fishing mud hole glory hole and the hudson. but it does not drift like the 23se it rolls alot more i hope that helps but you should go for a test ride

phil

In my opinion, the tradeoff of deadrise vs. rocking while at drift is much more of an issue on hulls with a more deadrise with a relatively narrow beam.

For example, a 21' Contender has a 8' 3" beam and a 24.5* deadrise.

The 21' Parker DV has a 8' 6" beam with a 21* deadrise, so it will tend to rock less than the Contender.

I've had a 21' DV for four seasons and have never noticed or had anyone mention any excessive rocking. And. coming up from a 17' flat-bottomed skiff, I would have noticed :)

-- Tom

Back