Any Shinnecock LI Parkers owners want to team up 4 bluefin?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGeminski

Reaction score
I have a Parker 21SE that I keep in Hampton Bays, NY and fish out of Shinnecock Inlet. Last year I started fishing for sharks inshore... up to about 8 miles off the beach and had good success with blues, threshers and even had a great white in the slick. I heard guys who were anywhere from 12 to 25 miles offshore who were getting into bluefin tuna and bigger sharks. Are there any Parker owners in the area that want to team up for inshore bluefin tuna or shark fishing? It's always safer to have another boat nearbye if there is an emergency.
I am hoping to go when there are PERFECT conditions for safety. Maybe I only get a few opportunities a season, but I am ok with that. I have a ton of safety gear onboard including a life raft, ditch bag, extra gps and hand held vhf but still love knowing a buddy is within a few miles.

Chris

I'm based in NYC and keep a 23SE on a trailer. Its currently in CT and headed to Cape Cod in a couple of weeks. Next season I do plan on "parking" it out East for at least June and July.

Meanwhile, I have a good deal of bluefin experience and a regular tackle shop in my basement - including a very wide assortment of bluefin gear - from jigging to spinning to trolling to big-gun livelining - if you'd like some company on your boat this season (?).

I also have a flexible schedule if one of those beautiful, clear, windless opportunities happens to be a Tuesday and everybody else you know has to go to work :D Seems to be the way it goes most of the time.

A counter invite will also be extended if you'd like to come out to the Cape when we start to chase the bluefin out there - typically coming on strong by early august and staying good with bigger fish into November.

Hi, I have a 2320 with new 250. I tuna fish a lot. I just moved here from Delaware. I lived in Hampton Bays from 60s to 90s. I'm 58. I love to shark and tuna fish. Have 4 50s international. One 80 for center long line. My boat is in the water at East Quogue. I can fish weekdays only. Weekends the kids are here and they just want to go boating and swim. I know a lot about shark and tuna fishing. Won the Ta Ta tuna at Indiana river inlet 09-2011. Came in 3rd for thres. shark and 2nd for mako. I may be busy with getting this new house set up here but keep me in your Capt book. Marty D. Mr. Lures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 390
Marty and Nick... than you both for your replies. I am new to the shark/tuna game, just started shark fishing last summer but did manage to land a few including a nice 150# thresher only 6 miles out. My fishing is mostly restricted to weekends, but I may be taking some time of during the week of July 18th when I have a fishing buddy in town. A 2 man crew on my boat is good, 3 man would be the max as it is only 21ft. I have five 30# rigs and a decent assortment of lures, daisy chains and spreader bars.

Since my boat is only 21ft and I don't have the experience offshore I want to err on the side of caution. It would be great if you wanted to team up for a Bluefin trip sometime in July. I know last year they were catching Bluefin anywhere from 12 to 5 miles out. It would be good to have someone else nearbye for safety and to keep in touch in case the bite turns on. I would be glad to have someone join me as a guest, but probably would not venture out 25 miles without a "buddy boat" for safety. My boat is in excellent shape, regular outboard maintenance and a ton of safety gear... but it's only 21ft and I prefer to err on the side of caution. Send me a private message with your cell phone numbers, maybe we can set something up for next month!

Chris

My son is taking 3 days vac every week starting in June n July. I may be able to do a tuna trip. I would like to use my boat. If you take yours, I will also take my boat. I heard the tuna are out there starting at 5 miles. Early?

Marty... like I said, I am new to tuna. But from what I know, the tuna bite inshore (out to 25 miles and the Coiumbra Wreck) usually starts late June/early July. I have heard reports they are currently tuna much further offshore where some warm (68) degree water has moved in and there are scattered reports of a few sharks being caught. It should start happening very soon. I think 5 miles would be a little close for bluefin tuna, but they could come in that close. Most of the time guys are running to the Coimbra area (25 miles out), though last year when I was sharking at 8 miles there was a guy on the radio at 12 miles who had tuna busting all over.

Sharking has been good in the summer anywhere from 2 miles out. There have been a TON of Threshers around the last few years, guys fishing the bunker pods in the ocean sometimes hook up to them when striper fishing. I usually fish about 6 to 8 miles out and do decent. Even had a juvenile great white in the slick at 8 miles last summer.

If you and your son want to go on your boat and me and a buddy on mine that would be perfect. Any weekend is good, or the week of July 18th I plan on burning some vacation time. I will PM you my phone # and we can call/text to work out the details.

Chris

Got your pm. My son wants to shark fish for mako. What we can do is I will shark fish in or about the same spot. I use 15 gallons of chick blood, I find that to works. You can troll into my slick. Done that many time. That's how I got my 159 lb tuna. End of day I troll into my 5 mile long blood trail. Sounds like a good day!!!

hello.
just noticed pm still sitting in my "out box" (???).
can call me at nine one 7 three 3 one 2 six three six :D

nicknotsebastian":2zc78vh0 said:
hello.
just noticed pm still sitting in my "out box" (???).
can call me at nine one 7 three 3 one 2 six three six :D
Will do. I had to go to New York today to see my Dr. And get my knee drain. 5 hours to get back. LIE Was heavy to ex 63. OMG!!!

Hey guys,I'm on my 3rd Parker(210dv,1801)and my new to me 2004 2120 DV. Plan is to venture into inshore sharking and tuna. Never done it but excited to learn and get started. Bought a few reels and rods. Would love to join some Parker guys and get some experience. Still getting familiar with the boat and motor,not quite comfortable enough to venture 10-20 miles yet. Yamaha F 150 has 2150 hrs,well maintained but gotta be 100% comfortable first.
I'm out of Moriches Inlet. Pm me if you need company,I'd love to learn how it's done.

Cheers
Jerry

Jerry,

I am in the same boat (well not really, I have a 21SE, lol) as you, but fish out of Shinnecock. New to inshore fishing for sharks and tuna. I fished my boat last year within sight of land (out to about 9 miles) for sharks and did pretty well. We landed blue sharks, a 150lb thresher only 6 miles off and had a 5ft great white at the boat (very exciting). You should be able to get into sharks within sight of land very shortly... I looked for structure or bait in at least 90ft of water. You can sometimes find the threshers on the bunker schools even closer to shore than that. I use 30lb tackle and have no problem with fish up to 150lbs.

My goal is a trip to the Coiumbra wreck on nearbye for bluefin tuna within the next few weeks. I have all the safety gear I need (PFD's, flares, handheld vhf, PLB and life raft), but still want to find other small boat owners to team up with for safety when running that far. If you get to a point where you are interested in something like that, let me know.

Chris

Tuna fishing at the Coiumbra wreck was hot yesterday for Bluefin, water to 81 degrees. This weekend looks like a washout, but I am looking for boats to team up (safety) for a trip for shark/tuna sometime July 17-23 when I will have some free time. If anyone is interested in doing this, please respond here and we can start making plans.

my boat will already be out on the cape, but i will be in/around nyc that week and would be very interested in joining if you'd have me. i come with lots of bluefin experience, lots of gear if needed, gas money, great "sandwich king" hero sandwiches, beverages of your choice...

Back