Any wisdom on reducing the pounding?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seaspension or Pro Pedestal? There is a significant price difference.

Seaspension or Pro Pedestal? There is a significant price difference.
I'm aware of those two products trying to convince myself to spend that money on some shocks. if I did it for the helm I'll have to do it for the passenger bench because you know them passengers would want it. One of those passeners happens to sleep next to me. :eek:

Well if you want to remain Captain you have to keep the Admiral happy.

Trim your engine all the way down to eliminate slamming to the greatest extent possible. You can’t have it trimmed up and expect it not to slam, unless it is 1 to 2 foot seas.

Trim your engine all the way down to eliminate slamming to the greatest extent possible. You can’t have it trimmed up and expect it not to slam, unless it is 1 to 2 foot seas.
But trimming it way down will plow the bow I into the waves and this is not a good thing either

I trim all my boats, past and present, all the way down in rough waters if I am staying on plane. I may slow down to 18 mph, but I feel slamming the boat through waves is a really bad idea. I have used this approach with my old 23 Welcraft Dual console, my 26 Robalo center console, my 18’ Cape Island Trawler, my 30’ Grady White and my Parker 2120. Running these boats trimmed down has never done anything bad, except increase the fuel consumption by a couple of tenths.

I was out yesterday on a 3 hour rt 50 ish miles. Reports say it was 4 to 5ft at 14s which winds at 6 to 8 mph which all was to me great conditions.

I have everything upgrades to keep the bow down and had no issues doing so. I think it's just me being inexperience with this boat. Me and the 3 passenger are all beat up today.

I was traveling 20 to 25 mph. I did managed to get it to decent levels on the way in but having the trim around mid way and keeping the bow up but couldn't help with the occasional slamming. How is everyone steering their boats in contrast to the waves to reduce slamming?
If it hurts - slow down. Parker’s are tough but not comfortable unless you take your time. The slower you go the less effect the tabs will have. Like a few have mentioned in the past you can try creative ways of shifting weight forward by moving batteries and mounting coolers in the bow.

Latest posts

Back