Any word on the Parker 34'????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who knows, you might be right!

Maybe it's the 18 knot wind noise. :lol: :lol: :lol:

funny you mentioned "blowing up". At the fishing club meeting last night, I sat across from someone who fishes a lot on tourneys. He swears every tourney, a Merc will come in blown. "If it's an Opti, they tilt one out of water, if Verado, they take off the motor cover".

Almost forgot...Guess what? He runs a 250 HPDI. Never been to the shop.

In the interest of keeping CP a clean, family-approved forum, I will not repsond to that comment. :D :D :D

I'd like to see a sketch or some pictures of the beast. I'm going to Boston's in the water boat show later this month. I'll see if they have anything on paper there etc.

Kevin:

Yanmar is here in St. Pete and I've got a Sawzall. Lets use your credit card to get the boat when it comes out and we'll be the first to do the deisel conversion project. What do ya say?

jim :D

FishFactory":j2qee02w said:
WHAAAATTTTTT???? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

I've got my turbos spooled up, the bow thruster's thrusting, and it sounds like someone has dropped a galv trash can on my head and is beating the crap out of it!!

YES, YES I know I'm due for my $25K diesel 100 hr service.

Gotta go now. Gonna blast off at 24 knots. OH NO...water's down to only 5 feet....arrrrrrrgggggggg.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can tell you I would never buy a boat over thirty feet with outboards or gas engines. You must not know much about modern diesels based on you above statement. I have a 29' Striker in Costa Rica with a single Cummins and it runs quietly, fueo efficently, and plenty fast for most conditions. Let's not forget the life of a diesel vs. outboards as well. Most will rarely get more than 600 hours out of outboards while a diesel will perform fo thousands of hours with an over haul.

Let's see, a F350 will cost what? At least 20-25K which means you will have 40-50K in the engines alone for a max of 600 hours. Plus the additional fuel burn compared to a diesel will be outrageous.

No, I'll never go to a boat that size with outboards. I know the guys in the SKA like to run 60 mph to be the fastest to the fishing and back to the weigh in as do the bass bubbas. But the the real world rarely calls for that kind of speed.

JWL":1d7sb38i said:
FishFactory":1d7sb38i said:

I've got my turbos spooled up, the bow thruster's thrusting, and it sounds like someone has dropped a galv trash can on my head and is beating the crap out of it!!

Gotta go now. Gonna blast off at 24 knots. OH NO...water's down to only 5 feet....arrrrrrrgggggggg.

I can tell you I would never buy a boat over thirty feet with outboards or gas engines. You must not know much about modern diesels based on you above statement. I have a 29' Striker in Costa Rica with a single Cummins and it runs quietly, fueo efficently, and plenty fast for most conditions. Let's not forget the life of a diesel vs. outboards as well. Most will rarely get more than 600 hours out of outboards while a diesel will perform fo thousands of hours with an over haul.

Let's see, a F350 will cost what? At least 20-25K which means you will have 40-50K in the engines alone for a max of 600 hours. Plus the additional fuel burn compared to a diesel will be outrageous.

No, I'll never go to a boat that size with outboards. I know the guys in the SKA like to run 60 mph to be the fastest to the fishing and back to the weigh in as do the bass bubbas. But the the real world rarely calls for that kind of speed.

You must not know much about modern outboard engines based on your above statement! :lol:

V-8 Yamahas sell daily for $18,000. Yamahas/Hondas last 5,000 hours plus. 600 hours? :roll: . When it's time to repower, costs maybe $600.00, not 10's of thousands. Jarrett Bay uses a rule of thumb of 3x the diesel price to repower. :shock: :shock: How much for 700 diesel hp in your boat? Weight penalty?

O/B maintaince is practically non-existant. What are you spending on your Cummings? Hope you got plenty of water, no way to tilt that Cummings out of the water. :lol: Do you have any trouble sneaking up on a bait ball, or do you buy all of your bait? Have any trouble slow-trolling?

I hope you are not implying any diesel (running) is as quiet as Yamaha/Hondas. How 'bout that constant vibrating and motor cover to get around?

Looks like you conceded speed. No mention from you other than "plenty fast for most conditions"...whatever that means. Not all of us "outboarders" need to run 60 mph, as you claim.

I like diesels for a lot of applications. Problem is the modern Yamaha/Honda has surpassed all other power in weight, power, costs, and comfort. Check out the new Grady White 336 (2-V-8 Yamahas) in Nov SaltWaterSportsman. :wink:

"Never say Never"...you NEVER know :D

FishFactory":xqflxn0y said:
Check out the new Grady White 336 (2-V-8 Yamahas) in Nov SaltWaterSportsman. :wink:

It's funny your mention that setup. There's a guy over on GreatGrady that sea trialed a 336 w/ F350s and he reported a level of performance far below expectations.... :(

FishFactory":2bsmbsj7 said:
JWL":2bsmbsj7 said:
FishFactory":2bsmbsj7 said:

You must not know much about modern outboard engines based on your above statement! :lol:

V-8 Yamahas sell daily for $18,000. Yamahas/Hondas last 5,000 hours plus. 600 hours? :roll: . When it's time to repower, costs maybe $600.00, not 10's of thousands. Jarrett Bay uses a rule of thumb of 3x the diesel price to repower. :shock: :shock: How much for 700 diesel hp in your boat? Weight penalty?

O/B maintaince is practically non-existant. What are you spending on your Cummings? Hope you got plenty of water, no way to tilt that Cummings out of the water. :lol: Do you have any trouble sneaking up on a bait ball, or do you buy all of your bait? Have any trouble slow-trolling?

I hope you are not implying any diesel (running) is as quiet as Yamaha/Hondas. How 'bout that constant vibrating and motor cover to get around?

Looks like you conceded speed. No mention from you other than "plenty fast for most conditions"...whatever that means. Not all of us "outboarders" need to run 60 mph, as you claim.

I like diesels for a lot of applications. Problem is the modern Yamaha/Honda has surpassed all other power in weight, power, costs, and comfort. Check out the new Grady White 336 (2-V-8 Yamahas) in Nov SaltWaterSportsman. :wink:

"Never say Never"...you NEVER know :D

A couple of things. If you like outboards, have at it. But, the current four strokes have little torque for getting a heavy boat on plane quickly even compared to two strokes, much less diesels. While a four stroke may last 5,000 hours it will have little or no value compared to a diesel with the same number of hours. I would venture to say any outboard which is 5 years old or older basically have no resell value. The same can not be said for a diesel. What will be the fuel burn of two 300-350 HP out boards compared to a diesel?

Perhaps you boat mostly in protected water where you can run 25-30kts but where my Striker is in Costa Rica I would bet you wouldn't want to run that speed for long unless you are very young or stupid. I can cruise at 20kts in my boat with no problem. Remember, the lower center of gravith makes the diesel much more comfortable at speed in any kind og swell or chop. Plus my engine can be rebuilt if, and when necessary right in the boat. Try that with the outboard.

I'm not saying outboards don't have their place, they do. I own a Parker with an outboard and am very happy with it. I don't think a 34' Pilot House boat is the proper place for outboards however.

JWL":acosnacz said:
I'm not saying outboards don't have their place, they do. I own a Parker with an outboard and am very happy with it. I don't think a 34' Pilot House boat is the proper place for outboards however.

Even though none of us have stepped foot on a 34 SC yet, I tend to agree with JWL.
That boat screams for a single, flush deck IB diesel and a bow thruster. 8)

Has anyone seen one of the latest Parker marketing brochures? I picked one up at the Annapolis boat show and inside on the first page there is a full page of photos of a big boat going through layup to final construction. Looks like it could be the new 34. Looks too big to me to be a 28. All the SC models are so well proportioned, it's difficult to tell for sure.

Also, check out the photo of Linwood on the last page of the brochure. He is wearing a very cool yellow and black logo jacket...
I hope that item makes it into the 'Parker gear' catalog soon so I can order one. :)

Back