Any word on the Parker 34'????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150dude

Reaction score
Does anyone have any scoop on these? The dealer says next year but I can't find any info on them.
I googled key words and searched this site with nada.
There has to be some "spy pics" or something.
Nostrovia,
Dave

Spy pics!? :)

My guess is... that we probably won't see it until the Miami Boat Show.
Technically, I suppose that is 'next year'. :wink:

The dealer I purchased from said 34 but who knows.
I would bet they would stay w/ outboards since they have a relationship with (so far) Yamaha. But how awesome would a diesel be?
Dave

I heard from Robin last week and she said 34 ft. Hopefully pics to follow soon. Twin 350's is the word.

Something that has always amazed me is that the 2120, 2320, 2520, and 2820 are all in proportion to each other.
It's almost impossible to tell (at a distance) which one is which.

Looking forward to seeing the 34. 8)

i saw some pictures of the new 34. it was about a month ago. the boat was still in pieces; hull, pilot house, fabricated bulkheads etc.

truth is the pictures could have been anything, though they came from a reliable source who saw them in person.

i was told it would have about a 10.5 foot beam. that seemed a bit narrow for such a long boat. though parker kept the 25s 9.5 foot beam when building the 28. i'm guessing that beam would let it move pretty quick. and i understand that the first hull may appear somewhere this fall.

we surmised that twin 350s would be the power of choice.

piano player":1x5hhkgq said:
i saw some pictures of the new 34. it was about a month ago. the boat was still in pieces; hull, pilot house, fabricated bulkheads etc.

truth is the pictures could have been anything, though they came from a reliable source who saw them in person.

i was told it would have about a 10.5 foot beam. that seemed a bit narrow for such a long boat. though parker kept the 25s 9.5 foot beam when building the 28. i'm guessing that beam would let it move pretty quick. and i understand that the first hull may appear somewhere this fall.

we surmised that twin 350s would be the power of choice.

I don't think a 10.5 beam is narrow at all for a boat 34 ft. in length. A perfect ratio beam to length is generally considered to be three to one. Therefore, a 10.5 ft. beam would indicate a length of thirty-one and a half feet. Thirty-four would not be too narrow.

I believe too many manufacturers, including Parker, tend to exceed the best beam to length ratio in order to sell a "bigger" boat.

Put a Nice single diesel in it with a flush deck and it will be a winner.

Harpoon":o47twzeb said:

And a small keel on the bottom to protect the running gear. And spend some bucks on isolating the noise from the diesel. NO I/O...straight diesel.

Just back from the AC in water boat show. The new 2009 34 footer should be out about this time next year. Its has twin 350s. That about all the info they had on her.

bigguy":3npalkcj said:
Just back from the AC in water boat show. The new 2009 34 footer should be out about this time next year. Its has twin 350s. That about all the info they had on her.
Wow! I am guessing it would have a 10.5' beam?
Not that I could afford one, but I'll still be anticipating it's arrival.
Dave :lol:

I guess if you can afford the boat you can afford the fuel, read the test on the 350's and they suck it up

hakr":3kc7k6x6 said:
Harpoon":3kc7k6x6 said:

And a small keel on the bottom to protect the running gear. And spend some bucks on isolating the noise from the diesel. NO I/O...straight diesel.

Yeah, nothing like a 15-20 knot boat with $75,000 worth of diesels in it that require highly skilled maintaince, where the deck is mostly a motor cover, so noisy you can't talk or hear over them, "a keel in the middle"...great, now it draws 4'. Not so sure the milege is so different, IF you slowed down the o/b boat to speed of an inboard diesel.

A small boat w/diesel will satisify a very small segment of market. Does Albin ring a bell?

I realize we're not comparing apples to apples here, but...

We have lots of Chessie deadrises running the Bay with single diesels.
One of my favorites is the Robbins 40 built by Mathews Brothers in Denton, MD. It's a 29 kt boat with a single 500 Yanmar.

LOA - 40'
Beam - 13' 4
Draft - 34"
Bow - 57 degrees

The 54' GB Eastbay I ran last weekend is a 33 kt boat at WOT, but that one had twin 1000 hp Cats under the deck and a 16.5' beam. 8)
We cruised her at 27 kts turning 1850 rpms all day long. Not too shabby for a boat that displaces 63,300#'s.

Point is, not all diesel IB's are slow. :wink:

I would love to see a flush-deck Parker 34SC with a single diesel and a bow thruster, but it'll probably never happen unless someone converts one as a project.
How cool would that be? 8)

Megabyte":1nyz5vwj said:
Point is, not all diesel IB's are slow. :wink:

Spencer 57 checks in at 44 kts WOT!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think the Judge 34 is a 17 kt. boat either... :wink:

TUNALIC7005.jpg

WHAAAATTTTTT???? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

I've got my turbos spooled up, the bow thruster's thrusting, and it sounds like someone has dropped a galv trash can on my head and is beating the crap out of it!!

YES, YES I know I'm due for my $25K diesel 100 hr service.

Gotta go now. Gonna blast off at 24 knots. OH NO...water's down to only 5 feet....arrrrrrrgggggggg.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FishFactory":1q1z4qi9 said:
WHAAAATTTTTT???? I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

I've got my turbos spooled up, the bow thruster's thrusting, and it sounds like someone has dropped a galv trash can on my head and is beating the crap out of it!!

Nah, you've just been hanging around too many 250 and 300 HPDIs. All of the explosions have damaged your hearing. Didn't I warn you about those Yamabombs? :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back