Anyone in South NJ

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpenrose278

Reaction score
Does anyone fish off of South NJ in any 25 ft Parker? If so, how much of a beating can it take? How far out have you been, and do you like it? I was looking at mabe the 2520 with twin 150s.

I'm out of Point Pleasant, NJ and do most of my fishing out of Manasquan Inlet and sometimes out of Barnegat. I absolutely love my boat. The deep V hull can handle a range of conditions. She can definitely take a beating, but in this area, with the predominant southwest winds in the afternoon, I can only operate her comfortably at speeds below 25 mph. I've been out to the Hudson Canyon a few times and many times I'm out to the Texas Tower and Chicken Canyon. The big thing to remember is that no matter how well built and maintained my boat is, it is still only 25 feet. I pick my days carefully when going offshore. I have all the recommended electronics and safety equipment, and make sure I'm out with other boats.

Good luck with your search.

I have a 2120 and on the right day my limit is 60 miles but I have been as far as 70 off. With a pair of 150's I'd take a shot at a canyon with the right weather.

With the right weather window it is not a problem. I did very well last season and only got the skunk once. Had some nice bft,yft,mahi up to 20 lbs.

Back