Anyone with a 2120 with a kicker with remote throttle and steering setup?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
I have a 9.9HT tiller and manual trim/tilt thinking about installing an 8hp HT with power trim and remote throttle and use something like an EZ steer to tie the kicker to the main motor. , curious on how everyone is rigging their kicker and if it's even worth the trouble.

Did you drill a hole into the transom or just looped around the notch for the rigging?

I have a 2006 2120 SC with a 15 hp. Mercury kicker using a jack plate. I installed a Troll Master with a Panther T-5 remote control. Gas line looped around the notch. Also have the EZ steer I can use if needed. My new Yamaha T9.9 high thrust with electric start and power trim will be in next week. I will be looping the gas and electric around the notched transom. The Troll Master and Panther cost was about 1000.00, but is better and easier to use than mechanical controls in the cabin. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20200820_152922.jpg
    20200820_152922.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
I bet with that heavy 15hp your boat lists pretty bad?

The whole rigging of this little kicker is what's making me hesitate, I use the kicker for trolling only a few times a year. permanantly rigging it means I'm stuck with it sitting on the back of the boat all the time. Not sure if the 06 have a top mount binnacle yet but I have a 703 controls and there isn't a dual throttle for side mounts so it means another throttle control have to be mounted somewhere in the cabin. It seems more effort than its worth.

My kicker is getting installed on an Adventure marine fixed bracket.

Back