Astern handling

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KG

Reaction score
I took a windy fall trip today (NW'ly 20-25 /w 30mph gusts) and noticed that any wind stronger than 15mph will greatly hinder any astern maneuvering. The Sport Cabin is quite the sail! I have the 2520 XL sport cabin w/ stern bracket.........I think I will be looking into the 4-blade prop. Has anyone recently put one on the f250? Where did you get it, cost and did you have to change your hub?
Thxs

yes the cabin catches some air. one thing that can reduce the sail effect, is to open your windows. one thing you can do to help backing authority is to tilt your engine up about 4 bars. this allows the wash to blow under the stern instead of against the transom and tabs. of course tabs all the way up helps too.

4 bld props do help as well.

KG":2xyse33x said:
I think I will be looking into the 4-blade prop. Has anyone recently put one on the f250? Where did you get it, cost and did you have to change your hub?
Thxs

I put one on mine. Rev4. Yes, the hub configuration is different BUT it's a cleaner and easier setup.

I got mine from Kevin @ Prop Gods. Reasonably priced. Very knowledgeable.

Do an online search for "prop gods florida".

grouperjim":2p4dhtgc said:
one thing you can do to help backing authority is to tilt your engine up about 4 bars. this allows the wash to blow under the stern instead of against the transom and tabs. of course tabs all the way up helps too.

This... :wink:

forget the new prop and just put a bow thruster in. why deal with the hassle of trying to maneuver a boat with a single engine.

BradV":1n5gwweh said:
forget the new prop and just put a bow thruster in. why deal with the hassle of trying to maneuver a boat with a single engine.

Sure ... why not, I have $2,000 lying around I'm not using ... :roll: .

DaleH":34fwmxyd said:
BradV":34fwmxyd said:

:D :D :D

DaleH":3lv7wgdu said:
BradV":3lv7wgdu said:

I'll give you 1,800 for that used 2,000.

Just install one of these in the transom. :D :D :D

165919.jpg

there you go the transom station with the bow thruster. who needs a $400 prop? I think a 15 pitch rev 4 would work. prop gods i think has a spec'd out 25 single engine parker under its forum. Not sure the price difference with powertech but some others have bought those as well.

I have a 2520 IO with one of the props a 4 blade, still won't turn the bow in wind when in reverse.

Practice, Practice, Practice.........Go fishin'.........Practice, Practice..........Go fishin'.........Repeat.
:D

Just an afterthought..........My boat has 2 X 150s. I can spin it around almost within its' own length by fwd one motor- rev one motor. Just have to remember not to try to steer with wheel and it takes more revs on the rev motor than the fwd motor.
Good fishing!

Latest posts

Back