Bait tank question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12Parker2320

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 2320 came with a 48 gallon blue water bait tank. I recently noticed slight movement at the base and some of the caulking has separated from the bait tank. At times I’ve had crew lean or sit on my tank despite my admonishment not to. My question is, should I be concerned with water intrusion here at the base of the tank? I think the wobbling is due to the mounting screws coming loose and is hopefully an easy fix. My understanding is that under the tank there are two connections, one for the intake and one for the overflow/ drain. I’m guessing these connections that the hoses attach to are sealed to the deck. I’m going to strip out the old sealant and apply a fresh bead of 4200 at the base of the tank. Just curious If I should be worried about water that has gotten underneath the tank (the fresh water that is from cleaning the boat)

thanks,

Andy

Attachments

• 816EA80B-D270-402F-B498-678B113D7D37.jpeg
    816EA80B-D270-402F-B498-678B113D7D37.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 3
When I mounted my 50 gallon bait tank I drilled a larger hole then epoxy coated the wood, then 4200, and installed inspection ring with out the center part.

I think disassembly and inspection would be a good idea on your part.

Back