Bait Well Pumps

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POGE

Reaction score
I Have/had a rule 1100 that came with boat and it does a good job with the 30 gal well. After 4 seasons the shaft at the impeller broke off and looks rusty too. It ws gauranteed for 3 years so got 3.5 years out of it. Any recomendations on up grades, I see mixed reviews on about all bait well pumps. The rule does have an easy change out motor replacement, as most brands do, kinda lends to the idea I'll be replacing these huh ?

I don't use any Rule or Shurflo products ... pure crap and don't last. I've switched to Johnson brand pumps almost exclusively. My brother got 14-years of use out of one of their combo livewell/washdown pumps and even then only the pressure switch failed. The larger Johnson pumps were also rated the #1 bilge pumps by Powerboat Reports and THE only pumps ever tested that exceeded their rated specifications, as most pumps only perform at @ 85% or less of rated specs in real world applications.

thanks Dale, I went Johnson on my bilge so I look at the bait pumps too.

They are not cheap, but also look at the Groco bronze pumps.
If you use your bait well pump a lot, a Groco might be worth the investment.

DaleH":3sy28v4y said:
I don't use any Rule or Shurflo products ... pure crap and don't last. I've switched to Johnson brand pumps almost exclusively. My brother got 14-years of use out of one of their combo livewell/washdown pumps and even then only the pressure switch failed. The larger Johnson pumps were also rated the #1 bilge pumps by Powerboat Reports and THE only pumps ever tested that exceeded their rated specifications, as most pumps only perform at @ 85% or less of rated specs in real world applications.
Interesting. Do you recall which pump model you got? Does it have more pressure than the crappy shutflo? I use my raw water to keep mackerel and bluefish alive for BFT and need pump with plenty of pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaleH":cppjmitg said:
Interesting. Do you recall which pump model you got? Does it have more pressure than the crappy shutflo? I use my raw water to keep mackerel and bluefish alive for BFT and need pump with plenty of pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back