Batteries

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Cibran

Reaction score
Need to replace both batteries on my 2300DVCC,I have been looking at the Optima D31M and the Sears PM-2 which is also a 31,The Optima weighs about 60 lbs and the Sears weighs 75 lbs,Optima has 2 year warrantee vs 3 year warrantee for the Sears.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these Batteries and also do you think the extra weight of 30 lbs on the Sears batteries is noticeable.

Robert

I have the optima d31 and the thing is awesome!!

Boat has been out of the water since december 6 with no charge, I have been in and out of the thing using lights and radio while working without charging the batteries, I tested one the other day and it was at 11.89 V, no bad.

I would recommend Optima.

I've had a pair of Optimas in my boat since 2003 and they have never come out for any reason.
I clean the connections every spring, plug in the Guest charger to top them off, and run em.

Don't have any experience with the Sears batteries you referenced, but if they are AGM's, they should also be GTG.
I will never own flooded cell batteries again.

Back