Battery issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish Frenzi

Reaction score
I have 2810/28wa. Tonight went for short ride about 5 miles. Started smelling sulfur. I have two batteries. One battery was warm on positive side of battery. Negative side was cool. Other battery was normal temp. I ran w battery switches on both batteries. Only thing unusual is this battery has power supply cable for bow thruster. I disconnected bow thruster. See if maybe there is a short and it is discharging. All the gauges showed 12.5 volts idle and 14.2 when running. Funny thing is same time last year same battery went bad. Similar situation. Any ideas? Maybe that engine is over charging? I would think it would show up on Yamaha digital gauges. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the charging system is fine.....Charge the batteries and then Load test them.

I bet you have a bad one.

Now Running a Perko switch in "Both" . That puts them in parallel. If one battery is defective, the Good battery will try and keep it up.

Result: 2 dead batteries!

You also have No dedicated House battery. What ever position the Perko switch is selected....That is the Start Battery ....No Matter which Battery.

This is why I push BEP Clusters.

Back