Battery relocation 2120sc help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12lbpug

Reaction score
Hello,
New to the 2120 this year and love it, pilot houses rule! Bought a 2011 last fall.
I feel the two huge batteries at the transom are the worst thing in its design. I know I saw some pictures from the NC factory which are great for reference, however, I am not able to find them. If you know where they are can you please tell me.
I am looking to cut ( I think ) into the v bunk where the two other hatches are and put the batteries up there...unsure about where the voids are in the structure and if they are big enough.
Hoping to address the listing after the relocation.
Not a job I want but 120 pounds could not be placed any further back.
Thank you for your time.

This is the best shot that I have of it. It's a 2320 hull but the cabin stringer layout is the same as the 2120. I will toss out my 2 cents on some thoughts. If you move the batteries to the cabin you may need to consider gases from them in the cabin? Also, that is a very long run for 12V and your cables will need to be thick enough for that length.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 303
Thank you for the reply and digging up the picture, it looks like the biggest sections are where the front storage is currently.
I did think of venting and hope it would not be too tough to get some fresh air in there. For the cables I just have to go big but there is only a little 4cyl. to crank.
Surprised no one here has taken this task on, there is a bunch on trim tabs and perma trim outboard plates so you know others are feeling stern heavy. I think I may take weight distribution on first. Sincerely

I think you are "over thinking" the battery placement in the 2120's. what are you trying to accomplish w/ this re-distribution of weight? I truly do NOT think you'll notice any appreciable change in boat's attitude w/ this modification: also, I wouldn't want batteries in the berth area due to the POSSIBILITY of catastrophic failure and sulfuric acid being distributed into the berth. Furthermore, the gasses emitted need to be vented: hydrogen gasses are highly combustable: Keep them out of the enclosed pilothouse would be the safest approach to your boats (and passengers) health. My .02...

Relocated both batteries behind the bench seat today. I did not want to cut up the front and routing cables was not going to be neat. I moved the starboard battery up into the pilot house for two weeks as an experiment, the list was almost gone and it seemed to fish dryer (no splash guard).
I could not be happier. Each battery was 54 pounds. It sits level now, as a quality boat should. I was listing 1.5" at the water line. No more puddle by the starboard battery box.

Back