Battery Switch help...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am in the midst of replacing my factory battery switch (1, 2, Both, Off) with a BEP Marine VSR switch. I am a little confused with the wiring at the factory switch.

~ There is a single wire on terminal 1, for one battery.

~ There is a single wire on terminal 2, for the other battery.

~ There are 3 wires on the common (Both) terminal. One heavy 4-gauge, which must be for the Yamaha F250. There is another 4-gauge that leads to a 40-amp circuit breaker nearby, which powers the buss bar behind the helm. Then there is a smaller (8-gauge?) wire, and I have no clue what it does! Anyone know?

I thought it may be the Yamaha auxiliary charging cable, but it makes no sense to put it on the same terminal with the main 4-gauge Yamaha cable. Besides, I didn’t think Parker installed these at the factory.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

96TL":2kzyu8mh said:
Hi all!

I am in the midst of replacing my factory battery switch (1, 2, Both, Off) with a BEP Marine VSR switch. I am a little confused with the wiring at the factory switch.

~ There is a single wire on terminal 1, for one battery.

~ There is a single wire on terminal 2, for the other battery.

~ There are 3 wires on the common (Both) terminal. One heavy 4-gauge, which must be for the Yamaha F250. There is another 4-gauge that leads to a 40-amp circuit breaker nearby, which powers the buss bar behind the helm. Then there is a smaller (8-gauge?) wire, and I have no clue what it does! Anyone know?

I thought it may be the Yamaha auxiliary charging cable, but it makes no sense to put it on the same terminal with the main 4-gauge Yamaha cable. Besides, I didn’t think Parker installed these at the factory.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would like to know this as well. If you don't mind me hijacking your thread, I'm also trying to figure out if it's ok to wire both the f250 charging cable and aux charging cable to the blue sea 5511e switch directly and not to the batterys.

Back