Battery Wiring

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
I want to us this switch, it is a BEP for 2 outboards and three battery's, I only have two battery s, so anybody know how i would wire with only two batterys , have not got the switch yet, just trying to see if I can use it, not sure how to connect the cables ?

Attachments

• 717-100A_Dia.jpg
    717-100A_Dia.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 190
Maybe you're trying to use the wrong switch? Or even one that's much more costly than what you need.

I'd contact BEP. Here's their model for 2 motors and 2 batteries, model 715-S:

715-S_Zm.jpg

715-S_Dia.jpg

Hi Dale, the more I look into my wiring, the more I think it is correct, just could be a better set up, if the one switch fails, bummer, so I was trying to find a better easy switching set up, the one you showed is basic, but does one really need the VSR thingy integrated into the switches, it makes cents, but it it needed , I can not find that switch anywhere except in forien countrys :)

i had the same problem,every time i would crank the engine,the electronics would shut off ? it's all take care of now.i had a question about the battery switch,i called the surveyor who did my boat,he sent me to a repair facility.the owner of the shop explained to me exactly what needed to be done and why it needed to be done.he had the boat for a few days,i just got it back on saturday.everything works fine,no problems with anything now.i don't know very much about mechanicals,that's not my job,but the owner of the shop appeared to have extensive knowledge of this.

pork chop":1x5sevw9 said:
i had the same problem,every time i would crank the engine,the electronics would shut off ? it's all take care of now.i had a question about the battery switch,i called the surveyor who did my boat,he sent me to a repair facility.the owner of the shop explained to me exactly what needed to be done and why it needed to be done.
What did he do, add, or modify?

Can you take a picture of the finished switches and post, it would give me an idea of how he set your up ! Please :)

Dale, I have searched far and wide for that switch, I even emailed BEP, but as of now, no reply or ability to find the switch , and recommendations ?

I'd add a third battery dedicated to the house. Leave the other 2 for starting.

Check out Blue Sea. I went with one of their battery management panels with a charging relay. So far has been working great.

http://bluesea.com/

Contact Warthog 5.
He is a wealth of information when it comes to battery wiring and the different switches.
Look through his sticky on the projects forum for suppliers.
Good Luck
Tom

Back