Best product for cleaning deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brunoD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m wondering what you guys all use to clean the deck of a Parker. Bleach and soap is not cutting it for me. Anybody use a more concentrated product to really give that white color back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I use Bar Keepers Friend paste bc I bought it on sale.

Clean deck with soapy water with a cup or two of bleach then add paste directly to deck, and use microfiber mop and mop for approximate 15 min or longer. Rinse well. It takes a day or two to brighten but my deck gelcoat is old.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't use any bleach products on my boat. It adds to the oxidation and strips any protection off of the surfaces. Star Bright Nonskid Deck Cleaner works very well. Just follow the directions. It has PTEF (polymer sealant) in it and the more often you use it, the cleaner the decks will stay. It's relatively cheap and can be purchased just about anywhere.

I have also heard of people using Woody Wax on the deck. I understand you have to use it VERY sparingly or the deck becomes very slippery. I have not used it.

Thanks I’m gonna check out starbright

Is it stained with something like leaves? Bar Keepers Friend contains oxalic acid and is abrasive and don’t use it often. . Using microfiber mop works fine but have a soft brush head in case needed. We try to wear out big fish, stingrays or sharks and dehook them on the bracket instead in the cockpit to prevent injuries to passengers or me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brunoD":1q3at1m6 said:

When you use it. Wet the decks then splash a little down. Move it around with a soft bristle brush. Most important step...Let it sit for a few minutes. Then hose off the decks. If it doesn't get everything up let it dry in the sun and then look again. If it needs it just repeat. It's that simple.

Woody Wax is more of a protectant than a cleaner. I use it AFTER my deck is clean. Makes it so that nothing sticks to it (blood, bait, schmeg from my traps) for a while. Have to do it a few times ayear as it wears off. And no, if done correctly, will not make the deck slick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I second Albiejunkie. I use Woody Wax every year on the cabin top, cockpit, other walking surfaces. Other than regular washing every couple of years i use a good cleaner that removes stains that build up whether the boat is used or not and from off season storage.

Woody Wax says to use less than more. Do it before waxing the boat as it streaks everything when it is rinsed off.

As a repeat, have been using for several years Orpine Boat Soap. Super concentrated, really cleans including black streaks, and leaves a wax residue.

Dana

brunoD":2qccmknv said:

Dawn. Get it at the $1.00 store. Works great. Gets fish blood off and those black shoe marks that non boaters use !! Hate those shoes or the guy in them.

I’ve been using the Star brite deck cleaner as well. I’ll scrub it in and let it sit for an hour. Then add more and scrub it . I’ve used simple green on some stubborn spots...

I've been using soft scrub (there are several types, and I've side-by-side tested all 3, get the one that contains bleach) for years on the non-skid. Haven't found anything better and its very inexpensive compared to some of the other "marine" products.

I've never tried the woody wax on the non skid. Sounds like good stuff. I think Star Brite came out with a new product called "non-skid deck wax" recently too.

Latest posts

Back