Big step up from a Gheenoe - 2003 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8timz

Reaction score
Neptune Beach, Florida (Jacksonville area)
Glad to join this group! When my wife's uncle passed away recently, we purchased his Parker. We had to re-power it as the Yamaha 115 was shot. I had one hell of a time finding a new motor and spent many hours on the interwebs and the phone in futile search. The Yamaha rep couldn't even give us a rough idea of when motors would be available and dealers were taking delivery of new boats with no motors. I was finally able to locate a Suzuki 150, apparently the last one available in the country at the time. This is our first center console and we're loving it! My wife wouldn't go out in the Gheenoe, so it's nice to be able to take her for an occasional cruise. I'm just finishing up with the break-in and am looking forward to chasing redfish, flounder, trout, and whatever else our abundant inshore waters provide. I'm also thrilled that we are getting a new Parker dealership here in Jacksonville. I'm hoping to add a trolling motor and a couple of other things, but the boat is in remarkably good condition, especially one that has lived in the water under the Florida sun its whole life. It seems to be a really well-built boat. Anyway, I hope to meet other Parker owners sometime and look forward to learning more from the more experienced owners here. Tight lines!
tempImageVndBiO.png

welcome!

i’m not in FL (cape cod and nyc) - but i can tell you that boat is a very well made boat. also, you’re gonna go like hell w/ that 150 :). going by who i know and boat/fish with down there, going like hell seems to be a very popular thing.

Back