Boarding ladder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iltfish

Reaction score
Good day,
I am looking for some advice here. I came across a situation yesterday where my 70yr old father ended up overboard with only myself onboard. As you can imagine, this has freaked me out! While I am always aware of my situation, this could have gotten treacherous very quickly.
I was eventually able to help him to put his feet on the trim tab and help pull him over the transom. But it now has me thinking that I need to be able to get some onboard faster if the situation is more dire. Boat is a 2520 MVSC notched transom
Looking at a portable rope ladder.
Thoughts and recommendations are welcome

i have a engine bracket and a boarding ladder on my 2501 and a swim platform w/ a fold down step ladder on the 23 se cc.

i’d recommend adding a swim platform w/ fold down step ladder as a best/easiest way to re boarding while out on the water.

However, we regularly come into the beach (bow first to keep the engines in deep enuf water) to pick up and drop off. the 2501 is too tall for most to grab the bow and pull themselves on - especially on choppy days - so i got one of these (on amazon).

QWORK Emergency Fire Ladder

i have two cleats on either side of my my bow that this hooks onto perfectly and keeps it nice and stable. i’d guess it would work equally as well if you hung it over the gunwale (?)

Another way to get yourself and others back in the boat is to ride the engine up. Stand or sit on the anti-ventilation plate and trim the motor up. Only do this with the engine not running.

i have a engine bracket and a boarding ladder on my 2501 and a swim platform w/ a fold down step ladder on the 23 se cc.

i’d recommend adding a swim platform w/ fold down step ladder as a best/easiest way to re boarding while out on the water.

However, we regularly come into the beach (bow first to keep the engines in deep enuf water) to pick up and drop off. the 2501 is too tall for most to grab the bow and pull themselves on - especially on choppy days - so i got one of these (on amazon).

QWORK Emergency Fire Ladder

i have two cleats on either side of my my bow that this hooks onto perfectly and keeps it nice and stable. i’d guess it would work equally as well if you hung it over the gunwale (?)

Back