Boat Brokers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rseate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I getting closer and closer to the decision on whether to keep my boat or sell it and move up in size. My question is what's everyone's opinion on using a broker to sell it. I know I'll have to pay them a decent fee but my boat is two hours away at the coast and my current train of thought is it would be worth using one so I don't have to run back & forth for sea trials.

If your boat is 2hrs away......I don't see where your gonna have a lot of choice. Buyers and tire kickers alike want to Look.

10% is the going rate.

In this recent market, I think that you'll be able to sell a new(er), well maintained, well known boat model with several dozen clean pictures without a sea trial or without a broker.

Sea trial should be the final piece of selling a boat, not the first. If you take a lot of good photos and some videos, no problem in selling to a distant buyer. The tire kickers and lowball wishers will be the locals.

If you go with a broker, find someone who is knowledgeable and close to the boat. You want them to know what it is and be easy for them to show.

Back