Boat Lift for 05 2520xl w/Yamaha F225 QUESTIONS!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evetsmd

Reaction score
Been thinking about putting a boat lift in my slip this spring...boat is in the water April thru November
Location is Swan Creek, Rock Hall MD - Chesapeake Bay

figure I have 5300lbs of boat - 1400 lbs of fuel - 600lb engine - 1000 lbs of equipment and folks
maybe 8500 lbs total

I'm looking for any and all advice about doing this - a friend has a 25' Grady with a lift and I'm always impressed about
how easy it is for him to dock and launch...

How about any does and don't s - must have accessories - things to consider - brand or model recommendations
and in general any other advice you can share

If u did this would you soda blast this spring to get all of the bottom paint off?

I have no experience with this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

we had a lift put in 3 years ago, Oxford Md area, best thing we ever did. The spec.s suggested not to exceed 80% of capacity. We almost never have a full tank and people weight is only temporary so I wouldn't count them at your high number. Your 8000 lbs. package would be a 10000 lbs. lift, no problem. Our installer did a good job but I doubt if he would take his rig all the way to Rock Hall for one job. PM me if you want his name, he is usually at the bay bridge show in the spring.

The extras we wanted were automatic shut off at a programed height both up and down so the drums would not spool out the cable, I think most installers incude this, and we have an portable power hand held similar to a garage door opener, it is very handy when returning to the lift and the tide has changed.

Latest posts

Back