Boat maintenance for Dummies!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffwilliam

Reaction score
I just got my "new" '04 2120 DVSC. The boat is immaculate! Only has 81 hours on it, but after reading all the fuel filter, and water separator notes, I'm already getting a bit nervous because I'm a pretty lousy mechanic. What would be the best guide to purchase for Yamaha engine (Four stroke Yamaha 150) repairs and maintenance? The boat came with 7/8 full tank of gas. Started up well and ran well, but I haven't changed anything yet. Would like to get one of those Racor water separators. I appreciate your help......Bill

ffwilliam":3l33027e said:
What would be the best guide to purchase for Yamaha engine (Four stroke Yamaha 150) repairs and maintenance?

Bill:

If you are serious about your motor and investment, the ONLY manual to get is that straight from the factory. Buy the Service and Parts manuals specific for YOUR motor and model. DO NOT ever by or reference either a Clymer or Seloc engine manual ... IMHO.

Would like to get one of those Racor water separators.

Buy this SS head fuel/water separator that uses the Racor 10-micron cartridges and also has the see-thru and drainable bowl with petcock, click here.

If you EVER have any boat repair questions ... you can always PM me privately.
That's how I learned ... from watching and ASKING others ...

This is what an aluminum fuel/water separator base looks like after 10 years:

Image-61236302168311DA.jpg

The stainless fuel/water separator is a better investment.

Image-63A11A50C5B211DA.jpg

Another source for Yamaha parts would be Shipyard Island Marina.

I notice Mr. Megabyte is using the Genuine Yamaha 10 Micron Filter which was developed specifically for the ethenol fuels. :wink:

So...which is better, the Racor 3213 or the Yamaha fuel filter? I would like the answer to be the Racor since I like the idea of seeing and being able to drain water.

Do they both work on the same mounting?

Back