bottom line on prop selection

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the dog house

Reaction score
i have a 25dvsc with a ox66 250 hp...what is the best performing stainless prop and size to put on this combination...its all very confusing!!!!!!!!
i run offshore alot with this boat and i am looking for the best fuel economy and performance combination...
thanks for any input

the dog house":2qev23wx said:
i am looking for the best fuel economy and performance combination...

I wish it was that easy.
IMG_3178.jpg

i guess thats alot to ask by the looks of it..i thank you for the response.
iwas hoping i wouldnt have to try a half dozen props to find the answer..the season is underway so i guess i will wait tilll next season..

the dog house":3nf5h13e said:
i have a 25dvsc with a ox66 250 hp...what is the best performing stainless prop and size to put on this combination...its all very confusing!!!!!!!!
i run offshore alot with this boat and i am looking for the best fuel economy and performance combination...
thanks for any input

Just up in your neck of the woods. Went to Foxwoods. Wife had to stop by that pizza place where they did the movie :?

Anyway, Here is pic of some numbers on my rev4. The gps numbers were actually higher. (28.7)

Attachments

• rpm speed.jpg
    rpm speed.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 171
Mokee":1dxmnemw said:
Jeffnick wrote:
You added to the collection? :D Ten on the "prop pole" and two on the boat (motor and spare).
It's a sickness.

Foggylink":1dxmnemw said:
Jeff,
You wanna sell one of those ? :shock:
They're for an E-Tec large gearcase. Want to try one?

I was told a long time ago and believe it to still be true, that the boat manufacturer specs. out the prop based on HP, so have you tried asking Parker?

I have the same rig as you and when I had the 250 ox66 (I have repowered with a 300 Suzuki) I settled on the Mercury Enertia 16P. My rig is really heavy so you might be able to run the 17P.

Latest posts

Back