Bottom Paint Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longranger

Reaction score
Looked at my bottom paint today when I droped off my 2120 for engine service. This boat is kept in the water year round because I use it more that way. Looks like it is just about time for new paint at about 2 years. In retrospect not a terrible paint job but also not first class. Simple question--How much should I expect to spend to prep and repaint a 2120 assuming first rate materials and workmanship? Have no interest in doing this toxic paint dance myself.

Sidenote. Notice some water/moisture oozing out of where the swimstep support bar bolts in. This suggests water intrusion to me. It is probably minor as the bolt is not loose at all. Is this a common condition? Common or not i plan to pull the support and do minimal drilling to first confirm that the intrusion is localized and minimal. Then will fill in hole let it cure and bolt it back on with a new screw. I will be really surprised and bummed if this 2004 well looked after 2120 has anything more than very minor intrusion.

Longranger.

my guys charge me 20 per foot to prep and paint.

Second question...NO, that is not normal! :shock:

It's not normal, but it is a common condition that is simple to fix.

I would remove the support and drill the hole oversize to evaluate the core. If the core is wet, dry it out... fill with thickened epoxy... and replace the fastener into the epoxy using a bedding material.

This technique has been explained many times (with photos) in the projects section. Look for project posts for trim tab installations. The technique is the same.

Good luck!

Back