bow lights, nav lights, replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegooseII

Reaction score
Second time I have been out and bow navigation lights failed me. Yes, I screwed up by not checking before leaving port. But it would have been two trips delayed or canceled due to faulty parts. Problem is always that the bulbs have corroded. Anyway, running without lights is not fun, nor safe. I want to upgrade, but want suggestions as to wear to mount the new led lights. Has anyone mounted their navigational running lights elsewhere besides on the bow? I dislike the refelection off the railings, as we do not have a bow pulpit. Show me whatcha got

Ps I now carry a suction cup portable bow light incase of emergencies or a buddy loses his lights.

I removed mine and mounted led running lights on the sides just in front of the little windows on the port and starboard side of the boat, they work really cool, no glare and you can see from far away !

If you do a search in the 'Projects' section, you will find a project post where I replaced my factory OEM incandescent lights with LED replacements. I posted a separate project where I replaced my anchor/all-around light with an LED as well.

You will find quite a few project posts where members replaced their OEM incandescent lights with LED's. Do a search, or start at the last page of the 'Projects' area and move forward. Lots of great project posts there. :wink:

I still have the OEM lights and they are going on 6 years. If they are corroding, then water is getting inside them.

Recommend you check the seals. Coating the bulb and the socket with dielectric grease would also help.

Dave

Hate to give up but I spend much more time on the water than I do on a 'puter. I tried the search funciton, but came up with way to many results to sort through. Do you mind showing me a link to those bow light projects. Thanks.

Most likely going to make sure nav lights on the side of the pilothouse meet regulations, and install some leds there.

PS I love this site. If I could only figure out that damn search function.

Back