Bow Rail Spotlight

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megmac

Reaction score
Here is the update on the Bow Rail Spot light concept I've been working on. This past weekend I installed my custom designed bracket and Golight. Tried it out after dark last night and there is absolutely no glare as it it mounted about as far forward as possible. I tried to center it on the bow rail to minimize any distraction when looking from helm. It's hardly even noticeable. Im not in the water yet, so all I could do is test on my neighbors roof and tree line. It is a 316 Stainless Steel bracket and I was able to mount and run the wire without the need to drill any holes in the exterior of the boat or bow rail.

Attachments

• image1 (9).jpeg
    image1 (9).jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 156
  • image2 (6).jpeg
    image2 (6).jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 156
  • image3 (3).jpeg
    image3 (3).jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 158
  • image0 (8).jpeg
    image0 (8).jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 158
megmac":2g3tjno9 said:
Here is the update on the Bow Rail Spot light concept I've been working on. This past weekend I installed my custom designed bracket and Golight. Tried it out after dark last night and there is absolutely no glare as it it mounted about as far forward as possible. I tried to center it on the bow rail to minimize any distraction when looking from helm. It's hardly even noticeable. Im not in the water yet, so all I could do is test on my neighbors roof and tree line. It is a 316 Stainless Steel bracket and I was able to mount and run the wire without the need to drill any holes in the exterior of the boat or bow rail.
Nice job! I remember that you designed the bracket; did you also make it/weld it up yourself? ....

Andy":3tjpprzu said:
megmac":3tjpprzu said:
Nice job! I remember that you designed the bracket; did you also make it/weld it up yourself? ....

Hi Andy, I designed and fabricated but did not weld it. What I like best is there is no glare because it is so far forward but realize should I hit something it may see some damage, but hopefully not. The other thing I like is I figured a way to mount without any external holes in the boat. cant wait to try it on the water but I cant imagine any unfavorable results.

megmac":3betq6ua said:
Andy":3betq6ua said:
megmac":3betq6ua said:

Hi Andy, I designed and fabricated but did not weld it. What I like best is there is no glare because it is so far forward but realize should I hit something it may see some damage, but hopefully not. The other thing I like is I figured a way to mount without any external holes in the boat. cant wait to try it on the water but I cant imagine any unfavorable results.

I especially like how you used the s/s half-round brackets (pipe hooks?; not sure what to call them) to mount the top plate; three less holes in the bow rail than on my installation. It is unlikely you will ever damage it by hitting something bow-on.... And, not only will there be no glare, the light is far enough forward to keep salt spray and ocean water off of it.... I'll bet you'll be getting requests from people to buy them from you!

Thanks Andy, I can't wait to try it in real sea conditions at night. I know it will work great judging by what I've seen in my driveway. As you can see there has been no interest, your the only one. You are correct thou, no holes drilled in bow or boat. Stay healthy and hopefully we can get out there soon.

Back