Breaker Panel / Wiring Upgrade 1995 25DVSC Emily S

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulH / Emily S

Reaction score
My 95' Parker had the old panel with the separate breakers, switches, jumpers, etc which were a source of constant aggravation. Also, my electronics package and accessories had evolved over time, making for a sloppy installation and birds nest in progress, plus an overloaded fuse block.

This picture shows the new Blue Sea 10 position breaker panel, with digital volt (3 selectable battery banks) and system ammeter (measures total current drawn by ALL accessories).

Some of the lables I need were not in the kit so I impovised for now (they are available though)

Attachments

• Blue_Sea_Panel.jpg
    Blue_Sea_Panel.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 157
The rear of the new breaker panel, with a new harness that meets up with the original Parker wiring at a terminal block. I removed the Parker disconnect, and wired the heavier wire (boat side) into the terminal block shown in another picture below. Still need to clean up the horn, etc, minor stuff ...

Attachments

• Panel_Rear.jpg
    Panel_Rear.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 154
The current shunt connected in the return (negative) line of the boat. All current, except drawn or provided by the outboard is monitored at this point. So, you can see the main wire ground on the bottom, fanning out to grounds for the panel, fuse block, and general purpose ground block. The red/black reads voltage across the shunt, the meter converts into corresponding current. Pretty cool and a great feature. By switching each device on you know exactly what is being drawn. Can you say LED spreader lights are on my wish list ??

Attachments

• current_shunt.jpg
    current_shunt.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 152
The new terminal block, joins the original Parker wiring harness (lights, pumps, etc) . I removed the flimsy, but I must say reliable disconnect, discarded the lighter guage wire above the disconnect, and wired the heavier wire below into the terminal block. I made a 10 position harness to go from the terminal block up to the new breaker panel which made for a cleaner installation. Also, the new fuse block is shown with blade fuses and still some room for expansion. No more twisitng the old buss fuses to see which one wasn't making contact, or doubling up on the fuses due to a lack of space.

This job turned out to be alot of work, but I think it is very worthwhile and satisfying upgrade. Could have been a bit neater, but it's hard to work from old to new. Starting from scratch would be a differant story.

Attachments

• Fuse_Panel.jpg
    Fuse_Panel.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 149
That is really nice, especially since my boat is a 1996 model.
You probably had the same panel as I do.

Do you have part numbers for the parts that you used?

Back