Bugs and Spiders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
Keeping my boat in a slip, I always seems to have lots of little bugs, gnats, and spiders in the cabin area making a mess. What's the best way to repel them? I purchased some little bags of repellant last year that really did not work. thanks

Insects are attracted to darkness, water and food. I
Ike glue traps and small open cups of powered insecticide. Do you have a lot of items stored in the boat? Sounds like a good cleaning and removing items is needed. Food , trash and bait kept onboard? Are insects around the dock? Spray the spider webs and dock boxes. Are you around slowly moving water like a swamp?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, my boat is immaculate, zero food. Apparently the bugs are around the pier and slip. The very small bugs get in the cabin and tend to make a mess.

21f267ba00fbe27d980df4f279919d77.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get spiders pretty much like everyone gets and we have midges here also. I would start off with a raid fogger like you would use in a home, they sell small ones, I've used them in my cabin before and it clears things right up. If you can take a trip to the boat after the sun goes down the spiders will all be out on the boat and pier. Take some insect spray and take out as many as you can. Is there a light shining on your boat at night attracting these insects ???

Put a little 'Bifin IT' on a rag and wipe it around the rod holders that leave an open hole into the pilot house. This is the main access for bugs to enter the cabin. They hate this stuff. Especially spiders.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Control-Solu ... b09e3d5864

We also have our boathouse sprayed for spiders by a licensed pest control service every two weeks from April through Oct. It's worth every penny! No spiders.

Good luck :)

Cheers

When my kids tell me "there's nothing to do" I send them down to the boat after dark equipped with those strap on headlamps and a can of aerosol spider killer. Like the other guy said they come out at night and are easy to get. They actually have fun doing it too. Get the ones on the boat and on the dock then hose the boat down the next day to wash off the overspray.

Back