Cabin Window frame-Paint peeling!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
Does anyone with the new painted exterior cabin window frame have the paint peeling off? When I received the boat, the next day I noticed the paint was peeling. The main area is on the port window.
There is a very small area starting to peel on the starboard window. They appear to be powder coated.
Not too happy about that. Looks like a difficult fix unless I want to remove the window frames. I don't think I'll be doing that.
Anyone else having this problem?

The boat has 1.5 hours on it and is a 2007

Attachments

• paintpeeling.JPG
    paintpeeling.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 401
TunaJoe":okbad5cv said:
Does anyone with the new painted exterior cabin window frame have the paint peeling off? When I received the boat, the next day I noticed the paint was peeling. The main area is on the port window.
There is a very small area starting to peel on the starboard window. They appear to be powder coated.
Not too happy about that. Looks like a difficult fix unless I want to remove the window frames. I don't think I'll be doing that.
Anyone else having this problem?

The boat has 1.5 hours on it and is a 2007

You should tell the dealer to replace those

Those are the new style window frames introduced in 2007. I am sure Parker would like to hear from you if problems are starting to occur.

Here is a pic of my 2006 frame.......black plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 328
I guess I'll call Parker and let them know.
Not sure I want them to be removing the windows just for some peeling paint. Frankly, I think the black and silver types of windows looked just as good if not better.

Since its such a new boat, you should work it through the dealer first and see what they have to offer. If the issue doesn't get resolved then I would bring it up with the factory directly.

-- Tom

Latest posts

Back