Can I get a to GO box please? St. Pete Offshore 2/4

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
Mark, Steve, and I started at sunrise leaving out of JP. Seas were decent until we got out 40 miles. Winds gradually increased to 15 knots for a solid sloppy 2-3.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63743-img-0374.jpg

We stayed put until 2PM enjoying a steady off and on again bite. A few times we had triple hookups. Fish were cooperative but would come up only to about 50 ft.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63740-img-0370.jpg

Mark put on a mango catching clinic..........AA can flat put a hurtin on a mango.

Not too sure about that fishing style though. :mrgreen:

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63741-img-0371.jpg

We made a quick move to 90 ft and fished from 3pm - 4PM to finish up our boat limit.

Steve is new to the offshore mango bite, but with a Captain supplied certified mango killing rod and some quick instruction he put half a dozen in the box. That's between being seasick and a long nap up front. I got my my limit and Mark was mango on the money with 14. Many smaller but keeper size fish were released. Best action was deeper. We had many dead baits but the most effective was cut spanish sardine.

Seas laid down as predicted for a smooth quick ride in. Thanks Mark and Steve for a great trip.

tadpole54-albums-stuff-picture63742-img-0372.jpg

Good report!! Jealous that you are out fishing an im preparing for over a foot of snow :evil:

miky2884":3cpaysp5 said:
Good report!! Jealous that you are out fishing an im preparing for over a foot of snow :evil:

Yeah Jim, we're coming over for a play date. :D

Fishing is red hot right now.

You two are welcome to fish with me anytime. Let me know if you plan to be in the area.

C'mon down. Check marine wx forecast before hand. 2 ft (or less) Noaa prediction is good to go. I am free to fish Fr-Mon. Sat and Sun do require approval from the admiral but she's been easy lately.

Tampa Intl or StPete/Clearwatr Intl both 15 minutes from the house.

Jim,

Im envious 2 Ft? We would love to see 2Ft days while we werent working. Seems like the weather gods are out for us here in VAB. Unsure why your post pics are not showing, but it may have something to do with my pc. I have seen your catches before and am sure I would be envious. Also, please dont think Ive forgotten about the trip to the tortugas. It is still on the drawing boards, but unfortunately I also report to a different Admiral. Keep up the tight lines and btw I didnt go without a bft this year, caught a dinker, but none the less it was still fresh sushi.

Tight Lines,

Well Ill be dammed and keel hauled, as soon as I made the last post your pics came up. Good eatings! Also, quit posting those pristine pics of Ms. Mango, Ms. Char is going to be embarrassed to steam along side her.

Thanks for pics of a great catch.

Chief C":37o2sf1o said:
Jim,

We would love to see 2Ft days while we werent working. ....... Also, please dont think Ive forgotten about the trip to the tortugas. It is still on the drawing boards, but unfortunately I also report to a different Admiral.

Hey Chief, good to hear from you. Yeah seas tend to be a little different in the Gulf. If the prediction isn't better than 2-3 most boats stay in. Even offshore guides will cnx because on this coast it's a nasty wet wind chopped sea rather than big Atlantic style rollers. I have been out in 4-5 rollers out of Jupiter FL on the Atlantic side and except for the pass leading out, it was kind of fun.

Not too sure I want to do the Tortugas thing again. I think once was enough for me. That sure was a lot of effort to get there and a lot of crap too haul on the boat for 5 days of camping. I can have just as much fun boating/fishing around Islamorada with a lot less effort and expense and the water is just a pretty. If you ever plan tow down to Isla let me know.

Back