Can I tow it?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartaxe

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am already digging my decision to buy a Parker. Finding this site lets me know that there is a great community that goes with it. My question is whether or not I can tow a 2320 with my truck. I have a new tacoma. The tow rating is 6500 lbs. I know its cutting it close, but I dont want to buy a new truck. I'm open to all feedback.
Thanks

I guess it depends on how far you need to tow, what sort of terrain, and how often.
Also remember that getting stopped is more important than getting moving.

Hopefully some 2320 owners will weigh in with real-world experience for you.

Good luck!

I towed a 21 DVCC from Maine to Rhode Island 200 miles +/- with my 2008 Tacoma Off Road with a tow package. The first thing I noticed was fuel consumption just dropped, I make this trip often without the boat and a tank of gas is all I need, with the boat I needed a fill-up 2/3 of the way. That led me to believe that I'm working the Tacoma to hard, as for stopping the trailer has brakes but I was concerned that if I needed to stop fast I would have an issue. I was vey cautious as the trip takes me through Boston's route 93.

I keep the boat in the water in Rhode Island, I use the Tacoma twice a year to launch and retrieve the boat, If I was going to keep it out of the water and trailer it, I would be looking for a Thundra of Ford that would give me more towing power and braking capacity.

For what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back