Cape Cod Canal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyo

Reaction score
I fished with my 8 year old son on the Mass Maritime side of the west end yesterday. We were in a schoolie blitz that lasted for more than an hour. I'm talking about an acre of breaking fish and birds. Fish all around the boat. My son's first time out and he caught 30 cookie cutter 18 inch schoolies on a small paddle tail minnow. I think a fisherman is born!! Hopefully a sign of good things to come this year.

still haven't gotten out on my boat yet. But soon. A blitz! you lucky stiff.
I got my son hooked a year ago but from shore on a rubber shad he caught a nice fat schoolie. It doesn't get any better than that. How do you like the boat? Are you trailering it or do you keep it wet?

I'm trailering it this year. I want to see where I use it the most and then I'll think of where to keep it. I'm finding there's both upside and downside to trailering I haven't decided whether the ups outweigh the downs yet.

Do you launch solo or does your son help with lines?
I have yet to splash the boat but would appreciate any advice.

I usually have a buddy help me. I think it's too dangerous for my son to help out, he's still a little young (but maybe soon). I have launched alone but I don't like to do it. Actually, the thing I find to be the hardest as a new boater is docking and close quarter maneuvering.

Latest posts

Back