Carolina Lobster and grouper

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Keith

Reaction score
Quick trip out on tue to try my new prop. We ran off 40 miles to about 115' of water. Did 2 quick dives picking up 7 "Carolina" sized Spiny's. We then worked our way inshore dropping down on small ledges for some grouper. Current was working against us (Wrong direction-parallel to the ledges) but we managed 6 keepers along with some nice flag sized Bee-liners (Vermillion snapper).
Waiting for my Rev 4 and our next trip out!

Attachments

• Internet 3.JPG
    Internet 3.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Internet 1.JPG
    Internet 1.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Internet 2.JPG
    Internet 2.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 194
That's a sweet haul! Too bad everything changes at the end of the month. NMFS= no more fishing season. Enjoy that grouper.

Good looking catch!
It's nice when you can combine a prop test with some fishing! 8)

What are the zip ties for on the bugs?
Do you have to affix tags to your catch?

What are the zip ties for on the bugs?
Do you have to affix tags to your catch?

The zip ties are to keep the lobster under control. These lobsters are quite a bit larger than the average Fla lobster making it hard to put them in a net-mesh bag, or for that matter any bag. So we use a zip tie and tie them off to our fish stringers so we can carry more than one. Its amazing how much power they have in thier tailsmaking them hard to hold onto.

My new Rev 4 arrived monday so I'm looking foward to running the prop this weekend.

Back