carpet

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the ceiling in the cabin of my 2820 first. Previous owners had drilled holes through the ceiling to mount stuff and then removed it. The carpet was very easy to work with and extremely forgiving. Doing the ceiing gave me the confidence to do the rest.
My suspision is that a lot of the stains we Parker owners are seeing in the carpet is the glue Parker used. It's dark reddish brown, and when you pull down the old carpet, lots of dry powder from the glue comes out of the carpet. After removing the carpet, I used goof off adhesive remover to remove about 75% of the old glue. I then rolled a thin coat of polyester resin over what remained, just to seal it in. I used a 3M clear upholstery spray glue to put the new headliner back up. Its been up for 3 years and still looks great.

Attachments

• 20170506_110635.jpg
    20170506_110635.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 187
Here is a photo of the backside of the old carpet. You can see how and why its bleeding through to the front.
I many times sprayed watered down bleach on my carpet, and it would look substantially better. A month or 2 later, the stains would be right back.

Attachments

• Resized_20200327_103129.jpeg
    Resized_20200327_103129.jpeg
    479.9 KB · Views: 69
I have had great success using RMR 86. It is a super bleach that kills mildew, mold etc. I spray it on afffected area scrub with a brush and the stain, mold etc disappears. Keeps my carpet lining like new.

I did the ceiling in the cabin of my 2820 first. Previous owners had drilled holes through the ceiling to mount stuff and then removed it. The carpet was very easy to work with and extremely forgiving. Doing the ceiing gave me the confidence to do the rest.
My suspision is that a lot of the stains we Parker owners are seeing in the carpet is the glue Parker used. It's dark reddish brown, and when you pull down the old carpet, lots of dry powder from the glue comes out of the carpet. After removing the carpet, I used goof off adhesive remover to remove about 75% of the old glue. I then rolled a thin coat of polyester resin over what remained, just to seal it in. I used a 3M clear upholstery spray glue to put the new headliner back up. Its been up for 3 years and still looks great.
Your ceiling looks great as does your 'dash' and electronics layout... one of the nicest I've seen!

I'm about to take on this project.. Carpet on my ceiling is losing fibers.. pretty nasty.. When you did the entire interior.. did you have to remove the windows and such.. or were you able to tuck the carpet behind the lips..

I removed my front windows because mine were in really bad shape and I replaced them with new Bomar windows. The side and back windows, I removed the rubber snap in gasket that's on the outside. Under the gasket, you will find screws. I removed the screws and the alluminum trim ring on the inside of the windows comes right off. The trim ring is about 3/4 of an inch wide, so it gives you a little room for error when you are cutting your carpet. I took my trim rings and had them sandblasted and powder coated before putting them back up. So I did not totally remove those windows, just the trim rings.
If you have any questions about applying the carpet (hull liner) feel free to ask. Its not difficult, just a little time consuming.

Here are two good videos on how to do the carpet removal and paint. Plus, Out on the Reef is a cool YouTube channel to follow. Lots of customizations.

I removed my front windows because mine were in really bad shape and I replaced them with new Bomar windows. The side and back windows, I removed the rubber snap in gasket that's on the outside. Under the gasket, you will find screws. I removed the screws and the alluminum trim ring on the inside of the windows comes right off. The trim ring is about 3/4 of an inch wide, so it gives you a little room for error when you are cutting your carpet. I took my trim rings and had them sandblasted and powder coated before putting them back up. So I did not totally remove those windows, just the trim rings.
If you have any questions about applying the carpet (hull liner) feel free to ask. Its not difficult, just a little time consuming.

I am looking for a flip up, Bomar or Taylormade flip up port windshield for my Parker 2120 sc. Any ideas wher I could find one?

It's that time for me.. going to start removing the carpet.. how did you prep the area so that the glue stuck well.. I have to locate the monkey fur again.. online.. I found some the links I found here they are Out Of Stock.. but found others.. What Brand and type glue did you use.. I read something abut one for area that get hot... Getting nervous.. this has to be done right...

Last edited:
It's that time for me.. going to start removing the carpet.. how did you prep the area so that the glue stuck well.. I have to locate the monkey fur again.. online.. I found some the links I found here they are Out Of Stock.. but found others.. What Brand and type glue did you use.. I read something abut one for area that get hot... Getting nervous.. this has to be done right...
I would not replace it. Paint!

Yea.. I don't want to paint it.. I love the look and feel of the carpet.. I found this to be a great video..

I would LOVE to do some color line-x on every surface currently carpeted. May create a hazardous atmosphere for the installer.

Back