Caulk - floor meets cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350bake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to remove and re-caulk the area where the floor meets the rear cabin. The current caulk is worn and I can see a small space between the caulk and floor. Is there a recommended brand that will last and has the color that will match the gelcoat?

Thanks in advance.

As far as durability you'd need to go to a poly-based sealant over a silicone one, but the colors available aren't as varied as they would be for home use. In products like BoatLife 'Life Caulk or Seal' or 3M '4200' products, you'll only get white or black, plus a teak tone in BL's products.

In home-use silicones, you could get a GE silicone product in almond to a color that somewhat matches the beige gelcoat. That might look a lot better than clear, which tends to turn grey with dirt. You really don't need an ultra-fancy product for your use, so I'd just go pick the color match you're looking for.

DaleH":2lm9lruc said:
In home-use silicones, you could get a GE silicone product in almond to a color that somewhat matches the beige gelcoat. That might look a lot better than clear, which tends to turn grey with dirt. You really don't need an ultra-fancy product for your use, so I'd just go pick the color match you're looking for.

Grady recommends that Almond GE Silicone II for use with their off-white boats.

That being said, on my older, faded out GWs I've gone with white 3m 4000UV and been very happy with the way it looks.

Thanks. I will check out the almond GE silicone which it sounds like I can purchase at either Home Depot or Lowes. This is good as I am not use to being able to purchase too many marine supplies at the home stores. For what I need it for, as Dale says, it does not matter.
Thanks again for your responses.

Latest posts

Back